16

Another day, another bus ride.

But this time it was different.

Specifically, the destination was going to be different. Because today, the bus was headed to Dragonfly Springs' Sleepaway Camp.

Jungkook couldn't have been more excited. The boy had always prided himself on his strength, and this camp would be the perfect time to show it off.

Jungkook had never tried to hide the fact that he was a massive attention seeker. It was evident in pretty much everything he did. Attention was great, especially the good kind, and if he could gain some of it by flaunting his rock hard abs and biceps, he wasn't going to complain.

And picking up "straight" boys on the way was a huge bonus.

Jungkook stared out of the window, lost in his thoughts. Time seemed to speed up.
Fields of sunflowers and cattle swept by, only to be replaced by thickets of deep woods.

The roads were winding to the point where even the most outspoken of Jungkook's classmates were silenced in carsickness. It was peaceful. Nice. Jungkook was enjoying himself.

Just like usual, Jimin was seated a few seats ahead of him. This time he was dressed in (read as swimming in) an oversized, fluffy, yellow hoodie. His golden locks had gone curly from the humidity that had been around as of late. Jungkook had the urge to reach out and tangle his fingers in them.

Honestly, he probably would've if it had not been for the 2 rows between them. Jimin's blush was addictive and Jungkook liked to make it appear as much as possible.

Before anyone knew it, the bus was pulling to a stop in front of a campsite carpark. It might've just been him, but for Jungkook the two hours had flown by in barely a minute.

Then again, he had been preoccupied fantasizing about his otps. Oh, and Jimin as well.

Students began begrudgingly stretching and getting out of their seats, moving to grab their bags from where the teachers were already outside.

Jungkook yawned and followed suit, pulling out his earbuds and shutting off his phone

It was time for camp.

-

a/n-

i don't think i've mentioned this but the setting of this story is heavily based on the tablelands, north queensland. specifically, the landscape is based on the atherton area

it's an inside joke with my family that i have a massive obsession with the hills there. anytime we go anywhere remotely green mum starts shouting "nina! your rolling green hills!"
i am not regretful about my obsession with rolling green hills and i will continue to speak out on rolling green hill supremacy.

here are some pics of my rolling green hills in the tablelands. i would like to buy one in the future-

 i would like to buy one in the future-

anways y'all should research the tablelands cuz that place has it all

anways y'all should research the tablelands cuz that place has it all. rainforests, tea plantations, giant volcanic lakes, dairy factories where they give you free ice cream and chocolate samples, waterfalls, rOLLInG GREeN HiLLS.

we aren't gonna talk abt how 75% of this chapter was me ranting about a fucking hill.