31

Another day, another bus ride. But this time, things were very different.

Jimin and Jungkook were hidden in the backseat, away from the view of their classmates. They were snuggled up together, reading a fanfiction on Jungkook's phone.

Jungkook had been careful to pick out a fluffy, angst free fic this time. He now knew that Jimin was very sensitive, very emotional. It only made him want to take care of him more.

For some unknown reason Todd had kept flickering his eyes back and forth between the two of them throughout the bus ride. It confused Jungkook, but he ignored it, instead focusing on reading eloquently.

The pine trees they zoomed past, the cows that marched through the pastures, the babbling brooks and streams, they were all the same as before. They looked the same, felt the same, smelt the same. But maybe Jimin had changed. Just a bit. Or maybe he'd just been hidden away

Jimin didn't move once throughout the entire 40 minute bus ride, preferring to stay snuggled up into Jungkook's side. At some point, he drifted off into a light sleep, late night finally taking a toll on him. Jungkook joined him in his dreamland not long after, resting his head on top of Jimin's.

For once, the only thing on Jimin's mind was happiness. And Jungkook.

The happiness stayed, swirling through his dreams throughout the entire duration of the bus ride.

Time went by like pages flipping in a book, and before Jimin knew it, he was stirring sleepily in Jungkook's arms as the bus jolted to a stop in front of the school. He looked out the window, taking in the sight of cars already lined up to pick up students.

Dim dejection settled in Jimin's throat as he realised that he would have to go back to his Father. Back to the church. Back to the same bland, monotonous lifestyle, day in day out.

Jungkook seemed to sense his discomfort and stretched an arm around, petting Jimin's hair and making him want to purr. Maybe he was a kitten after all?

"It'll be okay babe." He murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear.

Jimin's laughed, pushing his hand away.

"Babe? What is this, an Ariana Grande song?" He melted into Jungkook's touch as the taller chuckled and pulled him up and out of the seat, grabbing their bags.

"Never took you for an Ari stan "BAbe", but I guess it's not that  shocking"

Receiving a playful swat to the side, Jungkook wrapped his hand around Jimin's wrist.

They hopped off of the bus hand in hand. Jimin scowled at the sight of his Father's big white SUV, squeezing Jungkook's hand just a liiittle too tightly.

The two stood out on the footpath for a bit, just looking at each other.

Their gaze was cut with the sound of Jungkook's car's horn beeping. Jungkook peered over, only to see Junghyun squinting through the tinted car window, smirk already plastered on his face.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked back towards Jimin.

"I guess this is goodbye for now?"

"Yeah. I'll see you tom-"

"Wait up" Jungkook cut him off. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, switching it on.

"Do you have a number?"

"I do. It's a secret one though. My Father doesn't allow social media or any online contact in our household, no matter how old we are. He doesn't like me talking to other people at home."

"That's a bit too fucked up. But here, put your number in here anyway." Jungkook replied, holding out his phone.

Jimin typed in his number, fingers tapping lightly on the keyboard. As soon as Jungkook had his phone, he changed the contact name. Jimin peered over, catching a glimpse at the name.

"Pretty Princess? Really Jungkook?"

Jungkook just smirked in response, pocketing his phone.

"I'll text you later pretty princess. Lo- I mean, see you!"

Jimin giggled melodically, giving Jungkook's hand one more quick squeeze before turning around and walking to his car.

"Bye Kookie!"

Jungkook watched as he strode away, lovesick grin painted on his face.

-

"So I'm assuming you got the D?" Junghyun queried as soon as Jungkook entered the backseat, tapping the smile that graced his older brother's lips. His mother scoffed from the front seat.

"Shut up." Jungkook hissed, only to burst into a fit of happy giggles afterwards

"Ohhh I get it.. You got the jibooty?"

"I wouldn't exactly go that far." Jungkook replied, sighing dreamily. "But I did get Jimin."

"Oh, so you're whipped whipped."

Junghyun received a harsh slap to reality. Quite literally. In the face.

-

a/n- this chapter was exactly 669 words long and i've never been prouder.

your daily reminder that you are talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it, and i love and appreciate you!!

❤️❤️