34

Jungkook ran a hand nervously through his hair. For the past fifteen minutes he'd been pacing around his room anxiously, stomping his timberland-clad feet with exasperation every few steps.

His head was buzzing with worry, anger, and nerves. He needed something, someone, to help him.

By the time he finally picked up his phone, aggressively typing in the number he was looking for, he had reached the end of his tether. He hit call with so much force he was surprised that the phone hadn't gotten cracked.

The ringtone looped three times, but even Taemin's usually soothing voice wasn't making Jungkook any less worried.

Finally, the person on the other end of the line picked up.

"Hello? Todd speaking. Who is this?"

Jungkook would've called one of his old friends, but they hadn't made any moves to speak to him since the big move. He didn't really feel like renewing friendships right now. He needed quick, easy advice. And he needed it fast.

Jungkook didn't really know why he'd called Todd. He just felt a good vibe emulating from him for some reason. He knew it was dumb to trust someone he barely knew, but Todd had seen Jimin and Jungkook cuddling, and hadn't ratted them out or started rumours. Yet.

He seemed like a generally nice guy too. On the first day of school he'd chatted with Jungkook and given him his number, feeling bad about his lack of friends. It was more than the other kids had done. He tended to stay silent and observe the world around him, yet never revealed the gossip he'd picked up on.

Overall, Todd seemed trustworthy. The type of guy who'd dish out good advice. Which Jungkook needed desperately. 

"H-hi. Um, this is Jungkook.."

Todd replied immediately, his voice friendly and smiling.

"Oh! From class 3? Hi Jungkook! How ya doing?"

Jungkook cleared his throat, shaking off his nerves. He needed to talk to someone. He needed to do it for Jimin.

"I'm not great to be honest. Uh, I needed some advice actually.."

"Well I'm always here to help if you need it. What sort of advice?"

"Yeah. I'm, um, asking for a friend."

Todd snorted, covering it up with a cough. The lie was one he'd heard more than a few times.

"Okay, ask away."

"So imagine a hypothetical situation where you really like this guy and you just got together, but his parents are against your relationship for... reasons."

"Like Romeo and Juliette?"

"Sort of.. So basically, his father sees you hugging him, and the boy gets hurt because of it. Then your stuck in a loop with no idea what to do because the boy you lov- like, is locked in his room and you can't do anything about it."

Todd listened intently throughout Jungkook's rambling, thinking deeply about what the latter had said.

Finally, he spoke up.

"Hm.. I don't want to overstep my boundaries, but you are talking about Jimin right?"

Jungkook choked on his words.

"Wha- how did you know!"

Todd chuckled.

"It really wasn't that hard to figure out. The silent class killjoy all of a sudden opens up to the newcomer who's been making homoerotic jokes about him for the past month? And is found cuddling, snuggling, and hugging him in secret?"

"O-oh. It was that obvious?"

"To me, yes. But the other kids in our class are clueless. I'll make sure it stays that way for as long as you want it to."

"Wow." Jungkook breathed. "You're really fucking nice you know."

"I try. Now here's my advice. You need to go to Jimin now. I've been in his class for 9 years straight, and if I've picked up anything during my time around him, it's that he gets very nervous very quickly. I found him having a panic attack in the bathroom once, and it wasn't pretty. It took me half an hour to calm him down." Todd explained.

"It's important that you stay with him. I think he's felt very alone all his life, and you've brought a little brightness to him. Now you have the responsibility to maintain the brightness. Be the person who makes him want to get up every morning."

Jungkook nodded slowly, face lighting up with the realization that he had actually had an effect on Jimin.

"So." Todd continued. "Go. Climb through his window. Sneak through the back door. Dig a hole under the wall. It doesn't matter. Just go to him. And make sure you aren't caught."

Jungkook exhaled sharply, nodding quickly.

"Yes. Yes. That's a good idea. You're right. He needs me."

"If it helps," Todd cut in, "I think Jimin really really likes you. I've never seen him as happy as he was when he was on camp."

"God, I only hope. I'm gonna go now. Thank you so much for this. I know we aren't too close but you've been an amazing help."

"I get that a lot. Be careful Jungkook. And remember, do. not. get. caught.'

"I won't. Thanks again, bye."

"Good luck bro."

-

-

a/n- the ₜₒ𝒹𝒹 ₛₐᵥᵢₙ𝓰 ₜₕₑ 𝒹ₐᵧ thing was a joke but then i was like fuck it and now we're here-

stan todd y'all.