17

Mud.

That was the only thought in Jungkook's mind as he trudged down the trail to the campsite, duffel bag in hand.

Mud was clinging to his shoes, flicking up onto his denim clad legs, and making the walk much harder than it should've been.

From the looks of it, nobody else was particularly pleased with the conditions of the trail. Jungkook could only guess from their facial expressions that they were aching to just stop and set up camp already.

Nobody complained. They just kept on walking, marching through the forest like soldiers doing drills.

Bit by bit, the mud turned into lush, green grass. The thicket of rainforest they had been walking through slowly thinned into a more palatable, and less dangerous area.

It was only when they had been walking for 20 minutes that they finally reached a small clearing. The trees seemed to split away and fade into plain grass, leaving just enough room for 4 or 5 tents. Tiny pinpoints of sunlight shone through the gaps in the tree canopy.

Wooden signs pointing this way and that were dotted around the area, directing visitors into trails that led to waterfalls, ropes courses, and of course, the lake.

The icing on the cake was the old wooden shed. It was furnished with tables and chairs, and a large mat lay on the floor. Attached to it was a toilet block and kitchen. There was even a few couches set up for the kids to hang out on.

Jungkook looked around, taking in all of his surroundings. The other students followed suit, stopping in their places to examine the campsite.

He was yet to see the lake, but judging by the way things were looking, he assumed it was going to be pretty beautiful.

Jungkook's awestruck gaze was only interrupted by the teacher's shouts.

"Okay kids! Here we are! I'll give you guys about 2 minutes to head over to the shed and sit down. We'll give you the briefing and then you can set up your tents."

Jungkook stretched out his arms before dragging his bag over to the shed and taking a seat. As usual, his classmates followed.

The teacher strutted over and began her lecture on the specifics of the camp.

"Okay. So here's the outline of our activities." She smiled, pointing at a whiteboard with a schedule pinned up on it. "Today we're going to set up tents, settle in, eat, and go to bed, since it's late already. Tomorrow we'll be heading out to the lake to go rowing and swimming. If nothing goes wrong, we'll spend all day at the lake and eat a picnic there too. Sound good?"

Jungkook nodded as his classmates oohed and ahhed. The teacher continued.

"On day 3, we'll be visiting the high ropes course and doing some team building activities. We'll also be going on a hike. And finally, on day four we'll do the zipline and the low ropes course. Day five we'll pack up and go home. And that's it! Cool right?"

The kids hummed in agreement, grinning wildly. Jungkook wondered when the last time they had fun like this was. When was the last time they spent a Sunday away from church?

Either way, Jungkook himself was more excited than any other, and it didn't really have to do with the ziplines or ropes courses.

It had more to do with the tiny, blonde haired boy who he was going to be sharing a tent with at the end of the night.

-

a/n- ok i wasn't planning on updating early again but iT'S A SPECIAL OCCASION.

so i hope you enjoyed that while it lasted. Now I must RANT.

You can tell this is serious because I'm using ✨capitalization✨ and ✨correct grammar✨ which is a rarity from me.

The point is, I HIT NUMBER FIVE IN THE TAG JIKOOK?! 5 out of 17.5K FICS?!

5K FICS?!

MY self indulgent trash book is up there with Blood Roses? Laundry? FAN ACCOUNT!? Books I myself absolutely love and authors I look up too? What the actual FUCK

Don't ask me how this happened cuz bitch IDK EITHER.

I'll stop now.

 Thank you so much to literally everyone reading this cuz 640 reads in the first few weeks of publishing is the most i've ever gotten. I srsly love y'all.

ykw, because i love y'all so much, i'm making this a double update. Because i'm grateful, and because i can.

enjoy, love you guys 😭❤️