Final Chapter

A Royal Wedding

Carlton House, London
September 18, 1813
4 hours 'til the wedding

"Good morning, Your Hi—"

"I cannot get married today!" Were the first words the Princess Royal shouted the moment she woke up. "My gosh, Fatima, the week has gone by so fast. Is it really today?"

"It is! I do not remember the last time I have ever seen you so nervous," Fatima chuckled lightly. "You were not even this nervous for this season's presentation."

"A presentation is not the same as getting married," she sat up on the bed, and looked at her other two ladies maids who walked in the room. "What if he begs off? What if he does it at the church with everyone there? That would be entirely humiliating!"

"Princess, I'm sure he will not—"

"The Sovereign Prince of the Netherlands is here. He is one of my distant cousins, and I was once promised to his brother!" Charlotte exclaimed, cutting of Cora. "Do you not think that will be awkward?"

"I do not think so," Lilia said sincerely as she and Fatima opened the room's courts is. "Prince Frederik died fourteen years ago, Princess. I'm surprise you even remember him."

"Of course I remember him. He was my betrothed since I was a child, until he..." She took a deep breath, and sighed. "God rest his soul..."

"You must get up, Your Royal Highness. There is so much to do in such a short time," Fatima stated, and looked towards the other two maids. "Bring her breakfast, and macaroons for the nerves."

"How long until the wedding?" Charlotte asked them, her hands started to shake out of nervousness, and anxiousness mixed with excitement. "It is at noon... What time is it?"

"Eight o'clock, Your Royal Highness," Fatima said with a small smile. "Four hours until you're married woman, and no longer The Princess Royal...but The Duchess of Kent."

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Bridgerton House, London
2 hours 'til the wedding

"I swear, Brother, if you do not stop pacing around the room, I will burn all your sketchbooks!" Eloise stated firmly at Benedict, and groaned when he glared at her and completely ignored what she said. "I just threatened to burn your sketches and all I get is a glare and silence from you?"

"It appears this wedding matters more to him than whatever he sketches, Eloise," Anthony couldn't hide his smirk as he also watched at his brother stressfully and nervously pacing around the room. "As it should, I must add."

"Burn whichever one you want," Benedict said carelessly, without looking at any of his siblings. But then, he looked at his sister when he realized his words and her intentions. "Except for the ones I did of Charlotte. You burn those, Eloise, and I will kill you."

"You drew her? Why I am yet to see them?" Colin asked with a frown.

"You'll see them when I'm ready for you to see them," he stated, and kept pacing around the room while taking deep breaths.

"Are they that bad?" Gregory questioned.

"You know our brother is not one to share his artistic side," Eloise said as she served herself a cup of tea.