A ROYAL ENGAGEMENT

CARLTON HOUSE
1813

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS THE PRINCESS ROYAL, CHARLOTTE AUGUSTA MATILDA, AND MR. BENEDICT BRIDGERTON ARE ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED

His Royal Highness The Prince Regent is delighted to announce the engagement of Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal to Mr. Benedict Bridgerton.

The wedding will take place in late Summer 1813 in the Chapel Royal of St James's Palace, London.

Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal and Mr. Bridgerton became engaged in London earlier this month. Mr. Bridgerton had the Viscount, Lord Anthony Bridgerton, and other close members of his family know beforehand. Mr. Bridgerton has also sought and received the blessing of His Royal Highness The Prince Regent, and Her Majesty The Queen.

His Royal Highness The Prince Regent has been pleased by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm, bearing date, 1813, to give and to grant unto Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, the style and titular dignity of a Countess of Dublin, and Duchess of Kent and Strathearn. Only after marriage. Therefore, Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal shall henceforth be known as Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent and Strathearn.

To Mr. Benedict Bridgerton, His Royal Highness The Prince Regent has been pleased by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm, bearing date, 1813, to give and to grant unto Mr. Benedict Bridgerton, the style and titular dignity of an Earl of Dublin, and Duke of Kent and Strathearn. Therefore, Mr. Benedict Bridgerton shall henceforth be known from this day forward as His Royal Highness The Duke of Kent and Strathearn.

On behalf of the Royal Family, we wish a long, healthy, and happy marriage to the couple.