𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

chapter three. . .handmaidens

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟖 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎'𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒅

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐒 arrived on various days, depending on where they traveled from, while the Stormlands were not overly large, the constant rainfall and thunderstorms often made it hard to travel. It was a bit of a relief to Calla, who did not want to assign everyone their chambers all in one day. Her household would've turned into chaos and turned all her hard work into ruin.

It still made it very difficult to get every one of her family members to stand and wait to greet the incoming guests. The respect she had for her mother and grandmother, the former Ladies of Storm's End, grew immensely in the fortnight of preparing she had to do. Especially because they had to deal with the Baratheon men.

Robert always got restless, grumbling about how annoying it was to greet everyone outside. There were numerous times that Calla had to refrain from slapping him upside the back of the head. Stannis, on the other hand, would just not show up at times, preferring to brood in his room silently. Calla would have to excuse herself and run through the castle to find him.

With the help of Rhaelle it was manageable, fortunately. Calla was thankful for her grandmother's guidance and support, especially when it came to Renly. While he was a good babe, he was still a babe, and Calla wasn't always sure how to handle him.

Calla was relieved when he didn't give her any trouble as they greeted the guests. The youngest Baratheon seemed to enjoy the attentions the ladies gave him. They all fawned over him and complimented him, even if he couldn't understand what they meant.

They along with the lords also gave Calla and the rest of her family their condolences. Calla had to refrain from screaming from the amount of times she heard the phrases, "It must be so hard for you," or "Losing both parents, horrible!"

The Lady of Storm's End was thankful that she had something to preoccupy herself with : looking for handmaidens to accompany her to court. It seemed that all the bannermen and noble lords had heard of Calla's search and each of them brought their daughter's with them, hoping to secure a position in her household.

Calla was kind to each girl she met, but it wasn't until the members of House Penrose arrived that she decided on the first of her ladies, Elaena Penrose. She was the only daughter of the current Lord of Parchments, Albus Penrose. At the age of two and ten, the girl was shy, sweet, and kind with long brown hair and light blue eyes. Call had met her brother, Cortnay, on a few occasions and considered him a brave and good man.