𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

chapter eleven. . .storms

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟗 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐋 to accept the betrothal and impending union of his sister, Calla, to the Crown Prince, Rhaegar, caused great tension to grow in court. King Aerys was half-tempted to burn the Storm Lord alive for his defiance but was soothed by his aunt who seemed to be the only person able to make him see reason.

As the former princess sought to ease her nephew's anger, the temporary Lady of Storm's End worked to convince her brother of the benefits of her wedding the Crown Prince. For a fortnight she found herself in her solar, arguing with her brother over and over.

"I will not hear of it," Robert said for the hundredth time, "You will wed Aemon Estermont and become his lady wife, not the next Queen of Westeros! Gods, Calla, do you know what that means? You'd be stuck here with these incest ridden bastards."

"They are not incest ridden bastards!" Calla exclaimed as she brought her hand down on her desk, "They are my family and yours as well so I suggest you treat them with respect. Rhaella and Rhaegar have been nothing but kind to me and grandmother since we arrived. I love them both dearly."

"Of course you love them, they are your family," Robert grunted, "Nothing more. Rhaegar is our cousin! You want to wed our cousin, have incest ridden children like the other Targaryens?"

Calla's face turned red at his words and Robert wondered if he had gone too far, "Aemon is my first cousin and you want me to wed him! How does that make any sense?"

"I know Aemon will treat you right and he is one of my bannermen!" Robert replied in a stern tone, "I can trust him."

"And Rhaegar won't?" Calla taunted back as she stood up from her seat, "How do you know? You don't even know him! I do! I love him!"

"You're just saying that, Calla," Robert shook his head as he stood up as well, "There is clearly no proving that to you which is why I shall speak with the king on this matter."

"Are you mad?!" Calla exclaimed as he moved towards the door, "The king will kill you if you openly disobey him!"

"Let him try," Robert said as he pulled open the door and walked out. He slammed the door behind him and Calla let out an angered yell. Robert heard it but ignored it as he made his way towards the king's solar. The guards on either side looked as if they were going to protest when he approached but kept silent when they noticed his angered expression and clenched fists.