𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

chapter eighteen. . .the unlikely

act two. . .lightening

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟑 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐄 birth to her first child - a son - on a stormy day in the fifth moon of the two-hundred and eighty-third year after the Conquest. The maester assured her the birth went very well for her first time and she was a natural.

She could only muster a smile at his words.

She was exhausted after hours of pushing and screaming, but it all faded when her little son was placed in her arms for the very first time. He was large and robust - the midwives praised him - with dark silver hair on his head and five fingers on each hand.

The perfect babe!

Rhaegar seemed to agree as he entered the birthing chambers, wasting no time pressing kisses to her face and thanking her and asking if she was alright. She assured him she was alright before the prince peered down at their son, "A boy, Rhae. A healthy boy with silver hair and I would assume purple eyes."

Just as she spoke, the boy peeked an eye open to reveal a dark purple orb, so similar to his father. It closed soon after, but Rhaegar was no less delighted at the sight of his son peacefully sleeping in his mother's arms, "He is perfect, Alla. Perfect."

"A future king," Calla hummed as she pressed a kiss to his forehead, "Are we to name him as we agreed?"

Rhaegar nodded his head vehemently at her words, "Aegon, after the Conqueror and the Unlikely our ancestors whose blood flows through both our veins."

"He will be King Aegon, Sixth of His Name," Calla hummed softly as she smiled down at her son. His little hand moved in his sleep and she carefully allowed him to wrap his chubby digits around her slender fingers, "And he will be a good king under your guidance."

"I will make him worthy of the name, Alla," Rhaegar promised gently as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "As will you. You are going to be a great ruler as well and our little Aegon will need your guidance."

"I will be happy to help my son become a great king," Calla laughed softly at her own words, "Gods, he was just born not long ago and we are already talking about kingship."