𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

chapter nine. . .unions

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟗 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 odd leaving the capital for the first time since she arrived. It had been over a year of routine, manners, attending court, and secret trips into the city with Rhaegar and she cherished every moment even the ones she was not so fond of. She had also gotten used to the down sides of court, the whispers and gossip, the angry, envious glares from other ladies, and sweet but false words of the lords.

The lifestyle she had been living seemed to melt away into excitement as the royal family traveled from the Red Keep to the docks where large, lavish ships waited to take them all the way to Driftmark. Calla sat in a litter with Rhaella, Rhaelle, Renly, and little Prince Viserys, the doe could tell the queen was happy to have her young son in her arms as it was a rare occasion Aerys let her be with the child for so long. The women spoke of the wedding and the prospect of leaving King's Landing as Viserys and Renly spewed random words that they could pick up in the conversation.

When they reached the docks, Calla was the first to step out. A page offered her a hand, she thanked him quickly before letting her eyes fall on the bustling of the harbor. There were ships docking and departing, people running between the boats, and crates being carried on and off cargo containers.

Her purple eyes were filled with awe and it made Rhaegar chuckle as he approached her, taking in her appearance. She wore the colors of her house, like usual, but there was a hint of red that showed she knew she was part Targaryen. Her black hair fell past her waist into curls and the glint in her purple eyes was ever present, "You seem excited."

Calla giggled like a little girl as she placed a hand on his chest, "Of course I am, Rhae! We are going to Driftmark! I've read about the past few days! Daemon Velaryon and his wife Naerys had lived there before the Conquest and after Queen Aerea and her youngest children Jaehaerys, Vaella, and Alysanne sought refuge there when Maegor the Cruel was king! And Corlys Velaryon, the Sea Snake, once lived there! Jacaerys, Lucerys, and Joffrey Velaryon flew their dragons there and Prince Aemond Targaryen claimed Vhagar and lost his eye there! Of course I'm excited!"

Rhaegar let out another genuine laugh as he rested a hand on her shoulder. He enjoyed her rambling more than he would ever admit, "Save your energy, Alla, or you'll sleep through our whole journey!"