𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.

chapter five. . .first sight

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟖 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐕𝐀𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Vaella Velaryon were not like any people Calla had ever met. They balanced each other out perfectly. Vaemond was stern, solemn, and quiet whereas Vaella was bright and cheery. The whole way to the throne room she talked, smiled, and laughed.

It was refreshening to Calla, as much as she loved Storm's End, it could be a bit gloomy there with all the thunderstorms and rain. Plus, living with two grown males that were either temperamental or stringent, it was hard to bring an atmosphere of joy to the capital of the Stormlands.

Calla was so enthralled with the Lady of Driftmark she did not realize they had arrived at the throne room until they stood in front of two large wooden doors. Vaella's talking came to a halt as she turned to the group. It was not her who spoke, however. Vaemond looked to the women and said, "The king is most pleased at your arrival, but I warn you, you must be careful. . .He has a temper."

Rhaelle suddenly had a bad feeling in her stomach. She heard the rumors of her nephew and his love for fire but she had not wanted to believe it. She had a feeling she was going to be forced to believe it in just a moment, much to her sadness.

Images of her brother and sister flashed through her mind.

Silver hair, purple eyes much like her own.

Shaera and Jaehaerys telling their parents they had eloped in secret, breaking their betrothals.

Lyonel Baratheon's rebellion and her own wedding to his heir, Ormund.

Shaera giving birth to Aerys.

Shaera giving birth to Rhaella.

Shaera saying she named her only daughter after her beloved sister, Rhaelle.

Shaera tending to Rhaelle as she gave birth, she had only been thirteen and frightened beyond measure.

Aerys and Rhaella's wedding and how unhappy it was.

Jaehaerys on his deathbed.

Jaehaerys begging for her forgiveness because he got to marry the woman he loved but she did not get a choice.