𝑡𝑒𝑛.

chapter ten. . .robert

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟗 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 to King's Landing was much more calm and relaxing than the journey to Driftmark. There was no doubt or worry in Rhaegar's mind about his feelings for Calla and there was no fear of rejection in hers. After the feast, they had admitted to each other wholeheartedly that they loved each other and that they would always love each other.

It was official.

They made it official as they sealed their love with a passionate kiss under the stars.

And they would be wed soon enough. The king said in two years time, they would be in the Sept of Baelor together, exchanging vows and professing their love before the eyes of gods and men. That seemed far away as they stood on the deck of the ship Jacaerys' Dream, which had been given to them by the heir to Driftmark himself, however.

Calla's hands fiddled with Rhaegar's as he stood behind her, her back pressed to his chest. He rested his head on her shoulder, pressing occasional kisses to her temple. They were silent for a long while as they took in the sight of the sea that surrounded them.

Besides the crew members, they were the only ones not below deck; everyone was either too seasick or too paranoid to handle the wind and occasional splash of salt water they received above deck. The prince and his doe didn't mind, however, there was a certain calm without the others.

They had rarely had time alone since their betrothal was announced whether it be because people were congratulating them any chance they got or the pair were spending time with Jacaerys and Daenaera. 

It was definitely nice to spend some time alone, well as alone as they could be.

"Do you think our first child will be a boy or a girl?" Calla hummed as she started to fiddle with her braided hair instead of Rhaegar's fingers. He was silent for a moment as he slid his arms around her waist, allowing himself to think it over.

"I believe we will have a boy," Rhaegar admitted, "But I would like a girl."

"Why is that?" Calla wondered as she leaned her head back against his chest. She tilted her head to meet his eyes. He smiled at her softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead.