𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

chapter seven. . .flea bottom

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟖 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍 wandered through the halls of the Red Keep, her gold and black dress flirting with the floor and her long, black hair falling to her waist. During her short time at court, she had become the envy of all the women at court, even Cersei Lannister, the Light of the West and Tywin Lannister's illustrious daughter. Not only because of her beauty, but her sudden friendship with the Crown Prince which seemed to grow stronger every day.

It was clear to everyone that the prince was fond of her, which was odd because the prince had never shown fondness towards a woman before.

It was a rare, once in a lifetime occurrence.

After their first meal together, Calla and Rhaegar spent more and more time together. They both found they enjoyed reading and the prince showed the lady the enormous library in the Red Keep, leading the two to spend the day together reading and many days after that.

Calla also enjoyed watching Rhaegar spare with the King's Guard and master-at-arms. He wasn't brutal and angry like Robert was when he fought. He didn't rely on just his strength and brute force to overcome his opponent either. The prince had more elegance and agility. He calculated his movements with precision, using not only his brawn but his brains.

He was more graceful than her older brother as well and she enjoyed, even admired, that.

The stormlanders were strong, yes, but they did not contain much gentleness or compassion and that was what Calla wanted. She was more like her grandmother than anyone else. She didn't want some gruff, rough man. She wanted a lover who showed her the true meaning of passion.

And Rhaegar was like that. He was sweet and careful. It drew her to him, especially his soft voice that would recite poetry to her or blend with the music his harp produced when he plucked the taunt string with delicate, long fingers. 

Everything was easy with Rhaegar. The Baratheon didn't feel like she had to walk on eggshells or be careful with what she said around him, he accepted her for who she was and what she was like. 

Calla did the same in return. She didn't mind the melancholy that seemed to linger around the prince or his obsession with prophecies. She even listened to them and tried to understand. It made Rhaegar's fondness for her grow more than she could imagine.