𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒.

chapter twelve. . .plots

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟎 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 that Robert's abrupt arrival and departure, along with the tension in between, had caused her granddaughter great stress and saddened her heart. Robert was her brother and had been her protector since the moment she was born and now it felt like he had turned his back on her. That was why she found herself scurrying towards the nursery where Calla sat with her little brother and cousin, Viserys.

They were both happy children and Calla enjoyed looking after them and giving the wet nurses and septas a break. They always seemed thankful when she did, their gratitude almost as strong as the excitement the two boys felt when Calla entered the room, her purple eyes glistening with happiness.

"Will you read us a story, sister?" Rhaelle could hear Renly ask as she approached the room. She heard Viserys make a sound of agreement as she entered the room. The two boys were hanging onto Calla's body, hugging either her arm or her waist tightly as she attempted to grab a book.

"Of course, what would you - "

She was cut off when Viserys caught sight of his great-aunt. He jumped up with a happy grin, barreling into the former princess's legs with a giggle, "Aunt Rhaelle!"

The woman picked up the prince and swung him around once before balancing him on her hip, "Hello, my little dragon."

"Grandmother," Renly smiled as well but kept his hold on Calla as he urged a book into her hands, "Calla was going to read to us!"

"That's lovely, my sweet," Rhaelle said as she took a seat on the floor. She kept Viserys in her arms as Renly blew her a kiss that she returned, "Would you mind if I spoke to your sister for a second before you start?"

Renly nodded pretentiously before grabbing Viserys' hand and pulling him over to the myriad of toys that were piled up on one side of the room. Their idle chatter filled the air as Rhaelle turned to her granddaughter, "How are you, Alla?"

A sad expression overcame the girl's face, "I've been better, but I am well."

"You know what your brother said is not true," Rhaelle assured her granddaughter, "He has always been protective of you, he thinks is doing what is right. He wants what is best for you."