𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

chapter fifteen. . .wedding

act two. . .lightening

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟐 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍'𝐒 hands trembled slightly as her maids fluttered about her, doing her hair and applying beauty products from Essos to her face. She could smell rich perfumes and feel the luxurious Lyseni fabrics adorning her skin.

The king had spared no expense when it came to the wedding of his heir and eldest children, Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, to his second cousin, Lady Calla Baratheon. It was all going to be lavish with five days of tourneys - as if they had not just had one the last year - and banquets that made the peasants go hungry.

As the finishing touches were placed on the bride's dress and face, the Queen came over to where Calla was sitting, facing her vanity. As beautiful as ever, Rhaella gave the Baratheon a gentle smile, placing her delicate hands on the girl's shoulders, "You look lovely, Calla. Truly. The dress complements your eyes."

"Thank you, Rhaella," Calla replied softly as she turned to look at the woman. It was hard not to love the Queen. She was kind, gentle, and caring despite the sadness in her eyes and the bruises that adorned her body, "Truly. I could not have picked my dress or hairstyle without you or Grandmother."

"It was my pleasure, dear," Rhaella said as she patted Calla's cheek, "I never had a daughter of my own to do these things with. I am honored I get to with you."

Calla gave the Targaryen woman a smile and took her hands in her own. She gave them a gentle squeeze as she said, "I have a feeling you will have a daughter, Rhaella. Trust me."

A sad smile came to the Queen's face - as if she thought that Calla's words were just to bring her comfort - while squeezing Calla's hands in return, "Perhaps a granddaughter. I would love to have one."

"I would love a daughter," Calla admitted with a small giggle, "I never had any sister, nor any aunts, only my mother and grandmother."

"I know you will have a daughter," Rhaella responded with confidence in her voice. Calla smiled once more and nodded her head softly as the Queen let out a gasp, "I almost forgot."

She turned to look at a few of her handmaidens who sat idly by. She gave one of them a nod and she scurried off as she did, Rhaella explained her actions, "When I was a princess, my grandfather - your great-grandfather - gave me a precious crown."