𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.

chapter twenty. . .worries

act two. . .lightening

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟓 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐃𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐄𝐍 was born on a warm spring day in the the late days of the two-hundred and eighty-fifth year after the Conquest. The bells had rung signaling that spring was to arrive in Westeros once more - only a moon before - and the second son of Prince Rhaegar and Princess Calla became known as Daeron the Spring Prince.

Many said he would be like the Old King and Good Queen's second son, Prince Baelon the Brave, who was also known as the Spring Prince. Calla hoped he could be as noble and bold and bring greatness to his house even if he would never be king.

She also hoped he would be as close to his brother as Prince Baelon had been with Prince Aemon. Her own brothers had never gotten along and it saddened her greatly.

Daeron was a lively and friendly babe with the same dark silver hair as his brother, Aegon, but with eyes more similar to Calla than to Rhaegar. His mother was delighted that her second son inherited something from her even if it was just the shade of his eye color.

More so than his parents, Prince Aegon delighted in his little brother just as he delighted in Princess Daenerys which gave Calla hope that they would all be close in the years of their childhood and beyond. 

The little girl herself - though only one name day old - liked the small babe Calla carried in her arms more often than not. 

Despite the healthiness and happiness of the second son of Prince Rhaegar and Princess Calla, it was dampened by the news of the queen being with child once more. The dangers Rhaelle had warned her granddaughter and grand-nephew about lingered in both their minds.

It seemed that those fears would come to pass as Daeron was not the only Targaryen to be born in the year. Many whispered of the queen's pregnancy. She had managed to bring another child to full term even after the taxing labor she had with Daenerys.

She was on bed rest by Rhaelle's orders soon after she started to show and she slept more times than not and had to be forced to eat for she lost all of her appetite. Rhaegar spent all his free time with her though it was becoming less and less as his father further descended into madness.