𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

chapter thirteen. . .harrenhal

act one. . .lightening

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟎 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐑'𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 hitched as he stared into Calla's eyes. He had not intended for her to be in his chambers that night, but when she came into his room, tears streaking down her cheeks, he couldn't send her away. He also couldn't send away Jacaerys, who he had agreed to meet with and put himself in danger in doing so.

He had hoped Calla, who was quite a heavy sleeper, would stay asleep as he spoke with his cousin. He was proven wrong obviously as he looked at the concern and annoyed look in her eye, "Calla - "

"When were you going to tell me?" She demanded in a deadly calm tone. Rhaegar could see the fire behind her beautiful, purple orbs as she tried to maintain her breathing. The prince was hesitant to touch her so he sat up instead, cradling his head in his hands.

"I was hoping you would find out after it was over."

"Why?" Calla asked harshly. Rhaegar could sense the hurt in her voice along with the anger. He knew not to test her rage with lies so he went for the route of honesty.

"I didn't want to put you in danger, Alla. The less you know, the safer you are."

Calla sat up as well, not hesitating to slap him upside the head. He looked at her, bewildered as she crossed her arms over her chest, "That is the dumbest reason I have ever heard, Rhaegar Targaryen. Now, you are going to tell me everything and I am going to help you with your plan."

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟏 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒉𝒂𝒍

Harrenhal was like nothing Calla had ever seen before. In some ways, it did remind her of Storm's End with the large stone wall that blockaded the interior of the fortress, but she had never seen such high towers. What amazed her the most was they looked like melted candles. She could only imagine Balerion the Black Dread and Aegel the Red Storm bathing the castle in their fiery breath, the roars of angry dragons filling the air.