hope and misery

song- blue jeans by lana del rey

Read a/n at the end!!

Louis placed the febreze back down on the shelf looking down at the trolley before groaning loudly throwing his head back in frustration.

"Curly" Louis scolded when the trolley hit the back of his ankles, the metal hitting his ankle harshly, Harry too busy staring down the isle at something. When Louis followed his eyeline seeing him looking at the lube and condoms, Louis walked up to the shelves looking at the flavours "What flavour?"

"Um," Harry bit his lip looking at all the option before taking the purple one and handing it to Louis "Blackcurrant" He smiled innocently, and if that made Louis' stomach twist then that was no ones business.

Louis placed it in the trolley followed by a pack of condoms and headed down the aisle for whatever else they needed, and then headed towards the counter. They stood in the queue waiting for their turn making idle conversation not paying much attention when Harry slipped a hand around Louis' waist bringing him into his side.

"Oh fuck i forgot the milk be right back!" Louis squealed pulling away from Harry's embrace walking through the aisles smiling at people as he passed them, When he finally found the dairy section he looked at the milk seeing nothing but blue and red milk, whereas Louis prefers green milk, he sighed annoyedly going to pick up the blue milk when he shook his head saying he'll just go to a different shop later.

"Hey Louis!" He heard someone speak and turned around to see Eleanor stood there, her hair was longer than he remembered and lighter she's probably dyed it, she still looked stunning though. Her eyes were wide and Hazel. Louis' eyes wandered her figure noticing how more mature she looked compared to the last time he saw her, 5 or 6 years ago.

"Hey El, how are you?" Louis smiled politely, fingers twitching together as he remembered Harry at the tills probably waiting for Louis to come back and here he was speaking to his ex-girlfriend.

"I'm doing great, you look well, i saw you with that boy at the till, he's cute, is he your boyfriend?" Louis blushed slightly at the insinuation shaking his head.

"No he isn't, he's just uh a friend" Eleanor nodded her head a smug smile on her face looking at Louis.

"Right, he's your 'friend'" She made air quotes around 'friend' smirking at him "Well we can't keep him waiting, i'll let you get back to your 'friend'" Louis went to move past her when she grabbed his elbow keeping him in place, she leaned forward slightly her mouth close to his ear but leaving a respectful amount of space between them "Just go for it, stop friendzoning him"

With that she left and Louis stood there blindsided for a second still trying to process what she said, He received a confused glare from an elderly woman bringing him back into reality and he started walking back to the till seeing Harry and the cashier talking.