break-ups and clear-ups

song- beneath your beautiful by labrinth

The day after'that night' as Louis branded it was quite, well, how does he put it? Harry was avoiding him, Louis thinks Harry was trying to be subtle about it but he wasn't, not at all, you see when Louis would try and ask Harry a simple question like 'What drink do you want?' Harry would look at Louis like a deer in headlights, gulping harshly then decidedly turning his head and ignoring Louis. It was a little strange. No fuck that it was really strange.

Even Luke- who unfortunately (much to his dismay) didn't pass out like everyone else that night and heard all of it, His blushed cheeks and shy posture around Louis the next day was unmissable to the point where Louis had to force him to tell him what it was, Louis apologised after laughing for about 10 minutes, he can't help but laugh because well it's too funny not to, especially with the way he got all shy around him -had mentioned not even two hours after everyone had woken up and nursed their headaches, asked what was wrong with him and Harry to which Louis responded with 'I have absolutely no idea, but if you find out tell me' Luke talked to Harry, they seemed to be deep in conversation, it looked serious but when Louis asked if he got anything out of him he simply shook his head and frowned, but the small twitch of the tip of his nose gave his lie away, like he said he knows everyone's tells.

He didn't go into it too much knowing he'd get burned, Luke and Harry were similar in a way, they were both excellent secret keepers and when it came to them secrets and trying to pry the truth open they were both stubborn and wouldn't budge, and you more than often left burnt. Icy glares weren't something he was willing to endure so he left it and carried on talking to Ashton, who more than anyone was the most oblivious to the slight tension between him and Harry, even Niall noticed which kind of surprises Louis because Niall is the most oblivious person you'll meet always in his own world. He assumes its like a self preservation thing, knowing that if you don't know anything then you won't be caught in the middle.

Louis and Amber swam as close as they could towards the waterfall before it came too loud to hear their conversation, Louis hasn't appreciate Amber as much as he should because she's always there for Louis, even if he didn't know and she listened to him whine about how Harry was avoiding him and Luke is keeping secrets and how he doesn't know what happened, because he thought everything was fine, wasn't it?

He knows Harry allowing Louis to fuck him was a massive step, He's proud of Harry for overcoming whatever it was that was holding him back, And he's grateful Harry trusted him enough to let Louis be the one, but now Harry was acting as if Louis didn't exist and well, that's not sitting right with Louis not after everything that happened, and maybe Louis is thinking into this too much, maybe he just needs space, but now it's been a week and Harry's been complete radio silence.

A week. A whole fucking week since 'that night' and even in his lectures listening to his professor blab on about the triangular theory of love, he can't help but think about Harry and why he hasn't showed up to lesson, maybe he's even ill, but Louis wouldn't know because he hasn't seen in a fucking week, he would be angry about Harry suddenly ditching him and going silent if it wasn't for the fact that he was so fucking worried, because he just doesn't understand what happened, and he wants to know but Harry won't even look at him and avoids at all costs to be the only one in the room with Louis. Even in the locker rooms he's the first one to leave when he would usually dawdle and wait for Louis to be done so they could go back to his apartment.