beginnings and ends

song- Just the way you are by Bruno Mars

(please read the authors note at the end)

Jay's wedding was beautiful. The most beautiful Louis' seen, and no, he's not being biased because it's his mothers wedding, but because the ceremony was held on recently mowed lawn, under a canopy with all his close family members and friends, with fairy lights strung up on the canopy's walls and flower petals littering the green of the area, with a red and pink sunset on the horizon and light piano music playing setting the mood, it was gorgeous and his mother's smile was one of the most beautiful things there.

Apart from Harry, Louis could quite genuinely combust whenever he would sneak a look at Harry on the other side of the tent, He was sitting with Anne and Robin, Liam and Zayn and Niall and Amber, where as he was sat at the head table with all of his siblings and his new found family, His hair had been cut ever so slightly only something Louis would notice, he had a scarf wrapped around him, and his low cut jacket which exposed his tattooed chest and really it should be obnoxious but Louis can't seem to be mad, not when he looks happy.

It's like weddings and families just make him light up, a smile for days on his face, green eyes shining brighter than the lights on the fabric walls, the warm, humid mid June air breezing through his curls looking radiant and positively happy. It was one of Louis' favourites looks on him, apart from turned on and wrecked, but him glowing with happiness was a close runner up.

Anne gave a small smile towards the table as Johanna and Alex got up to dance the first dance, his mother still in her white gown, memories of earlier flashing in his mind the way her white, laced, wedding dress dragged along the earth as she walked most elegantly down the aisle, a tune that Louis' hadn't heard playing on the piano, though it was quite beautiful and obviously written by someone close to them, it had that vibe, and as Louis stood at the alter with his new step father at his side and Harry beaming at him, and his mum looking all much more happier than she did weeks ago, Louis couldn't help but smile brightly, eyes crinkling and teeth showing, nervousness ticking in his stomach and an unsettling amount of contentness brewing in his body, not even after a day Louis knew, he knew, just how used to this he can get and for once, he is not going to push it away and allow himself to wallow in the past because now, he has a father, he has two new siblings, he has his friends and now, now he has a boyfriend, the same one who's walking up to him with a sway in his hips and a sickening grin on his face.

"May i have a dance?" Harry asks bowing down, one hand out and another behind his back and two problems have surfaced their way up so far.

1. He hates dancing. He knows he can dance, that much was proven on New years eve, but it doesn't mean he likes it, actually he despises it. Behind closed doors when no one's watching? Moderately okay. In your shower when it's just you? Perfectly fine, In front of everyone at your mother's wedding? Not okay at all. Louis really really wants to say no, he does, but Harry's glowing, practically brighter than the sun and their song is playing and seemingly, the world is agaisnt him.