Chapter 2

Chapter 2

          “Oh great, there he is. In all his glory,” Dave laughed. It was now Tuesday. Homecoming was two Saturdays away. Mike had bought a ticket just because Dave and Brad had forced him to. They said they’d hang out with there and it was too much fun to miss out on. Dave was taking his girlfriend as well. Mike followed Dave’s stare and saw a boy walking into the cafeteria. He had this platinum blonde hair that Mike felt couldn’t actually be real. It was too different. But who knew? He watched as a group of people, girls and guys, followed him.

          “Oh god he’s terrible,” Mike said and Brad laughed.

          “He is. But everyone like loves him.”

          “But you know the best part?” Dave asked with a grin. Mike shook his head. “He’s openly gay!”

          Mike choked on his food, “What?”

          “Yep. Makes a big deal of taking a guy to the dance each year. And people still love him because he’s…..him,” Dave said nodding. Mike couldn’t believe it. There was no way that someone like this kid could be gay. It didn’t add up.

          “That’s crazy,” Mike muttered. Dave nodded again and then smiled.

          “Hey we should try to hook you up with him. I mean, you’re a good looking guy.”

          “Thanks. But I’m not interested in it.”

          “Why not? He never keeps anyone longer than a night. It’s dinner, dance, fuck, sleep, drop off, never speak again,” Dave said with a laugh.

          “How do you know that?”

          “I do talk to other people and they talk about him all the time. It is actually really annoying,” Dave said.

          “I don’t know. He’s just not my type,” Mike sighed.

          “What is your type Mike?”

          “I don’t know. I like good looking guys who aren’t stuck up idiots,” Mike said. Dave laughed.

          “Well then I guess he’s not for you. But really? Just one night? Most popular guy in the school.”

          “He does some weird like, way of asking a person to the dance. The Friday before the dance, he goes up there and whoever wants to go with him will stand around him. He’ll like, strut around up there for a little bit and then he’ll choose one of the people up there. All the girls cry because he never takes one of them. But they still go up there.”

          Mike rolled his eyes, “He’s so full of himself.”

          “Yea but I heard from my friend, that he’s like, really good in bed,” Brad said.

          “You hear way too much from your friends,” Mike said. Dave laughed and nodded.

          “We do. But we also heard that he’s the dominant one. Like he’s the one holding onto you while you dance. He’s the leader and he’s the top,” Dave said.

          “Stop talking,” Mike said as he took a drink of water and Brad snickered.

          “Come on, bell’s ringing.”

          They walked out and Mike bid farewell to his friends. He headed down the hall to his classroom. He saw the popular kid up ahead at his locker. As Mike passed by, the boy turned around and their eyes met for a minute. Mike swallowed and looked away but he could tell that the boy was still watching him as he walked down the hall. He glanced back and saw him standing at his locker still looking at him. He turned the corner and hurried out of sight. That kid was weird. Mike didn’t like him at all.

          It was the end of the day and he had been the last one getting out of class. He sighed as he walked down the somewhat empty hallways. It was way too tiring of a day. He trudged through the halls with his head down. He turned the corner and felt his head ram into someone. They both sprawled onto the floor. He gasped as he saw the blood on the floor. He turned around to see that same platinum blonde hair he’d seen earlier. Oh my god, he’d just hurt the most popular kid in school. The boy groaned and had his hands over his nose. Blood dripped down into his mouth and onto his shirt.

          “I’m so sorry,” Mike gasped as he hurried over, “Are you alright.”

          “I’m fine,” the boy growled as he got up. His nose was still bleeding heavily.

          “You do not look ok,” Mike managed. The boy shook his head and grabbed his bag.

          “I’ve had worse. Watch where you’re going next time,” he said he finally looked at Mike. Mike watched the look change. The boy’s eyes weren’t filled with anger anymore. It was just that same stare he’d gotten earlier. The boy set his bag down and then pulled his jacket and shirt off. He held the shirt up to his nose and then quickly shoved by Mike without saying another thing. Mike watched him hurry out of the school. He was so strange. It didn’t even make any sense. Mike sighed and then followed the boy out the doors. He headed home. He saw the black Camaro speed by him. He didn’t even look up. He didn’t want to associate himself with that boy.

          “I hate that kid,” he said finally. He walked up to his house and opened the door. His mom left him a note that she was out right now. He walked up the stairs and groaned when the only thing he could think of was how Mr. Popular’s face had been covered in blood. How he’d knocked him onto the ground. And the way that he’d let that small noise of pain come out before turning back into that stuck up jerk. And the staring. What was with the staring? It made him uneasy. He sighed. He didn’t want to think about that kid. He was weird and Mike didn’t like him. He hated those popular kids. He bet that the kid did football or something. But then…he wouldn’t have been leaving. He would’ve stayed later for practice. But popular kids didn’t have to be football players. Why was he thinking about this?

          “Come on Mike he’s not worth it,” Mike muttered as he rolled over on his bed. He had to admit, the kid was good looking. He had that look that showed he was hot and he knew it. People wanted him and he knew it. Mike sighed. He was just turning into another one of those people. Well he’d get a break from him soon. Of course he’d probably see him at Homecoming but he could avoid him there.