Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Mike!"

Mike dashed into the room where he saw Chester being shoved against the wall by his father. He ran towards him but the faster he ran, the farther away they got.

"Mike help!" Chester choked out as hands wrapped around his throat. He let out a strangled sob as his eyes widened and his hands clawed at his dad's hands. Mike felt tears fill his eyes as Chester's eyes began to close and he started to stop fighting. And then he could move. He ran forward and grabbed Chester's body as he fell.

"Chazzy, please," he begged the limp boy in his arms. He saw the bruising on his throat and knew that his throat was crushed. He was gone.

He woke up and gasped. That was the first nightmare he'd ever had about Chester. He shivered and looked over at his clock. It was about time to go to school anyway. He rolled out of bed and got ready but he was still bothered by that dream. He was scared. He hurried out the door and down to the car where Chester was waiting for him. Chester smiled at him when he got there.

"Hey baby, how are you?" he asked but Mike didn't answer him. Instead he leaned over and kissed him.

"Promise me that you'll stay safe at your house. Please," Mike whispered. Chester nodded.

"Ok. I...I always am Mike. Honestly," Chester said and Mike nodded slightly.

"Ok. Just....please stay safe," he said. Chester smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss. He started the car and pulled into the street.

"Why so worried all of a sudden?" he asked.

"I....I just worry about you there," Mike muttered. Chester glanced over at him as they turned out of the neighborhood.

"No that's not it," he said softly.

"Ok. I....I had a nightmare last night and your dad strangled you to death. I...how much does he hurt you Chester?"

"Mike....don't waste your nightmares on me. Honestly, shouldn't I be in your good dreams? I'm not going to die. Just.....don't think about it," Chester said softly as he turned into the school.

"How can I not think about it? You're all I think about! Every minute of the day, you're on my mind," Mike said. Chester sighed and leaned back in the seat.

"And you shouldn't worry. I need you to stop worrying about what's going on in my life," Chester muttered before getting out of the car. Mike sighed but nodded and followed him up to the school. Chester ran a hand over his face.

"I'm sorry if I made you angry," Mike said and Chester shook his head.

"You didn't....I just don't like you worrying about me," Chester said before grabbing his hand and leading them inside the school. Mike sighed and gave his boyfriend a hug. Chester smiled at him and then gave him a quick kiss.

"See you later baby."

Mike walked out of the school that day with Chester walking in front of him like a model. He smiled slightly as his eyes followed Chester's thin form to the car. He was so perfect.

"Where too baby?" Chester asked as they climbed into the car. Mike laughed as he sat down.

"I don't know. Wherever you want to take me," Mike smiled. Chester grinned and then drove them out to the beach. It was a little cooler than usual but it was fine. Mike smiled as Chester grabbed his hand and they ran through the sand. It would be too cold to go swimming but they could have fun in the sand. Mike followed Chester as they reached a secluded part of the beach hidden behind a pile of rocks.