Chapter 22

Chapter 22

He woke up and yawned. His eyes were still tired but he forced himself to open them. He slowly lifted Chester up off his body and carried the other boy into his bedroom. He laid him down on the bed and then went to take a shower. When he got back, Chester was looking at a piece of paper.

"Is this me?" he asked softly. Mike frowned and walked over next to him.

"Uh.....yea," Mike said as he saw Chester holding the paper he'd thrown out a while ago. Chester smiled slightly and folded it up.

"Can I keep it?" he asked and Mike nodded.

"Go ahead."

Chester grinned and put the paper in his pocket. Mike sighed and then leaned over to kiss Chester. No matter how many times he was with Chester, he could never get enough of the other boy. Their moment was short lived though. Mike heard the downstairs door open. Shit. His mom was home.

"Chazzy, you gotta stay hidden ok? I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Ok. No problem. I'll see you tonight."

"Ok," Mike agreed. He headed down the steps. And then he swallowed. Chester's car. Oh no. Not the car.

"Mike?"

"Yea mom?" he asked. He cursed in his mind as his voice came out higher than normal.

"Whose car is that in the driveway?"

"Uh....," Mike started, "There's a car out there?"

"Yes. A....black Camaro. Mike where is he?"

"Mom, I swear......" Mike said.

"I told you I didn't want you hanging around with him anymore."

"I can't help it mom, I love him," Mike said softly.

"Why do you love him Mike? Is it because no one else has been able to get him? Because from what I've seen, other than that one night, he's really not that nice of a boy."

"You liked him until he called me a Jap!" Mike said angrily, "And I said worse things to him before so it doesn't matter. Stay out of my relationship with him and stay out of my life."

"Michael!"

But Mike was already up the stairs and slamming the door. Chester jumped in surprise from where he stood looking at Mike's desk. Mike sighed and walked over to him, wrapping his arms around him.

"Didn't mean to scare you."

"You never do."

"What's going on?"

"Your art. It's beautiful," Chester whispered. Mike looked down and saw Chester flipping through his sketchbook. Mike had never really thought about his art much. It was just something he liked to do in his spare time. Chester traced his fingers over one of the pictures and then flipped the page. His eyes widened. Mike smiled slightly. It was one he was particularly happy with. It was his most recent drawing and it was of Chester. The boy was laying in bed with his shirt off and his eyes closed. His brown hair was spiked up and his hand tugged a blanket up to his face. His pants hung low on his hips and from his knees down was covered by a blanket. Chester stared at the picture.

"It was a little while ago," Mike said softly, "I just thought you looked so beautiful like that."

Chester smiled slightly and then traced the words Mike had written down at the bottom of the paper. 'Sweet Dreams Angel, Love You Forever and Always.'

"It's perfect," Chester said.

"I was going to give it to you for Christmas but I guess that won't be any good anymore," Mike snickered. Chester laughed softly and hugged Mike tightly.