Chapter 5

Chapter 5

          He was sitting alone outside in his yard. It was now the Tuesday before Homecoming and thankfully, he hadn’t had any more encounters with the popular boy. He didn’t even know his name and for that, he was glad. It would just make him easier to think about. He sighed and shut his eyes. And then someone was walking by him.

          “He really does adore you.”

          Mike wanted to get up and strangle his friends but when he opened his eyes, it wasn’t Dave and Brad. It was someone else.

          “The name’s Rob,” the boy said with a small smile. Mike nodded slightly.

          “How can I help you?”

          “Not really help me, but someone else.”

          “I’m not interested.”

          “I’ve really never seen him so into a boy in a long time.”

          “I’m not interested.”

          “You should’ve seen him the other day. He was a mess after you called him a tool. I haven’t seen him get like that in a while either.”

          “If you came to try and hook me up with him, please go away.”

          “I’m not trying to. I’m saying that…well Chester usually gets what he wants. He’s used to getting whoever he wants. And well….he wants you. And you’re the first person he’s not getting.”

          Mike’s mind had zoned out after one word in particular. He swallowed and turned to Rob.

          “His name’s Chester?”

          “Yea. Pretty unique actually.”

          Mike’s mind was creating pictures. Now it wasn’t just any boy that was chasing after him. It was Chester. He leaned back in the grass.

          “I didn’t know.”

          “Anyway, I’m not going to beg you to get with him because you’re obviously not interested. But, Chester….he’s really quite different. If you don’t like him, it’s only a one night stand for Homecoming anyway. Maybe you should try. Chester doesn’t usually chase people like he’s been chasing you.”

          “That’s good for him. You can once again tell him, I have no interest in getting with him. I don’t want to talk to him.”

          “Ok then. Just….think about it.”