Chapter 29

Chapter 29

          He had tears in his eyes and running down his face. Something had happened to Chester. What had happened? Was he going to be ok? He had to be ok. Chester was always ok. He pulled into one of the parking spaces at the hospital and ran inside. He couldn't stand being in here. He hated it. He walked to the desk.

          "Where c-can I f-find Chester B-Bennington?" he managed as the guy behind the desk started looking through files.

          "Alright sir, he's up on the third floor. Room 36-C."

          "Thank you," Mike said as he hurried towards the elevator. He stood there as it took him two floors up and his mind filled with all the terrible things that could've happened to the boy he was so in love with. The doors opened and he slowly made his way down the hallway.

          "33, 34, 35......," Mike stopped at the next room and wondered if he even wanted to look inside. A doctor came out.

          "You are Mike Shinoda?"

          "Yes," Mike whispered.

          "Well he's awake. I'll let him talk to you," he said and Mike nodded before walking in. Chester lay awake staring up at the ceiling. When he heard Mike come in, he turned his head.

          "H-Hey," he said softly. Mike sat down next to him.

          "What happened Ches?"

          "I...I was driving home and this car came out of nowhere. They...They hit me and drove off. I got knocked real hard. My leg was crushed and....yea," Chester said quietly.

          "You're gonna be ok Chaz," Mike whispered as he brushed Chester's hair out of his eyes. Something wasn't right.

          "Don't say that Mike."

          "But you are. You're going to go home."

          "Mike....Mike stop," Chester said.

          "You're going to be ok. You listen, you're going to be ok," Mike said softly. Chester motioned for Mike to grab him a tissue and he did so. Chester started coughing uncontrollably and when he pulled the tissue away, it was covered in blood.

          "Tell me I'll be ok," Chester said softly, "Does this look like ok Mikey?"

          "Chaz....they can fix it...they'll fix it," Mike started. Chester looked into his eyes. Mike felt tears build in them as Chester gave him a sad smile and shook his head.

          "The car didn't just crush my leg Mikey....it hit me hard in the ribs too. One...One ripped right through a lung. They can't fix it Mikey. I'd die anyway."