Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"What happened baby?" Mike asked as Chester held onto him tightly. His whole body was shaking. Something had scared him. He rubbed Chester's back gently. They were standing out in his driveway. He pressed his face into Chester's shoulder. "Come on let's go inside. You can talk to me inside ok?"

Chester nodded but he still hadn't said something. Mike put his arm around him. Mike felt something drip onto his hand and he inhaled sharply as he led Chester up to his room. Chester sat down and Mike slowly removed his jacket and then his shirt. Chester had blood running down his side where a slash from a knife was.

"Oh god."

"It's ok Mike. Really...it doesn't hurt that much," Chester whispered. Mike shook his head.

"You were terrified when you got here. It hurts," he said softly. Chester shivered under his hands Mike ran to the bathroom and got a towel and poured water on it. Then he got some bandages and headed back to where Chester was holding his side and breathing heavily.

"Lay down on your side for me ok?" Mike said and Chester nodded. Chester laid down and Mike gently began to clear the blood away. Chester hissed softly and then gave Mike a tight smile.

"Thanks."

"No problem. I care about you. Just be quiet so my mom doesn't wake up," he said and Chester nodded. It was silent as Mike wrapped Chester's cut in a bandage and then let him sit up. Chester sighed and slowly took a deep breath and wincing.

"It hurts," Chester managed and Mike nodded before kissing him and laying down next to him. He pulled Chester into his arms and let the other boy hug him tightly. "I love you so much."

"Want to tell me what happened?" he asked and Chester shivered.

"I went out after I dropped you at home. I went out to buy some food because we were running low and I needed to eat. I got home late and was putting stuff away, when he walked in the back door and he was really drunk I think. He...He pulled a knife on me and tried to kill me. He t-tried to kill me Mikey," Chester stuttered and Mike held him tightly.

"I'm so sorry."

"He missed his first stab at me but he cut me on the side. And he hit me in the eye. I was unconscious after that. I passed out and the hit to the head didn't help. I don't know why he didn't kill me," Chester said. Mike kissed Chester gently and held him in his embrace. Chester returned the hug.

"I'm going to keep you safe."

"I'll stay hidden Mikey, just let me stay here, at least for a day or two. I don't want to go back," Chester whispered. Mike shook his head.

"It's fine. You can stay. I don't care what anyone thinks. You're staying here," Mike said. Chester smiled at him as they laid together.

"Thank you," he said softly and Mike gave him another kiss that Chester returned.

"Now get some rest so you're feeling alright in the morning. We won't go to school. You need someone to take care of you."

Chester sighed but nodded and then rolled over so Mike was spooning him. He cuddled against Mike's chest and then closed his eyes. Mike looked down at him and smiled. He was so beautiful. So perfect.

"You're so beautiful baby. No one hurts my Chester and gets away with it," he said softly. Chester's face lit up with a smile and then he laughed softly.

"Your Chester?"

"My Chester," Mike confirmed as he hugged Chester tightly. Chester smiled.

"And you're my Mikey. My Noda," he whispered. Mike laughed.