Chapter 4

Chapter 4

          “Mike…..just admit it. He loves you!”

          “I don’t want to fuck around with him,” Mike said and Dave rolled his eyes.

          “But you love him! And who ever said you were going to fuck?”

          “Dave! I hate him. I can’t stand him. He’s an idiot. He’s full of shit and he thinks with his dick.”

          “Well….yea,” Dave said and Mike could tell he was trying to come up with some other reason why Mike should date that platinum haired kid but he couldn’t come up with it. He sighed and sat down at the lunch table with Dave and Brad. They were sitting together when he heard laughter from behind him. He didn’t even want to look up because he knew who it was. He heard the regular talk about how many more people he’d had sex with and then how great it was. Brad stifled a laugh.

          “Mike man, you look like, totally embarrassed,” Brad said with a grin. Dave laughed.

          “What’d I tell you Brad? He totally loves him and he won’t even admit it.”

          “I don’t.”

          “Mike, denial really doesn’t suit you.”

          Mike glared at them and then stood up, “Fuck you guys.”

          He got up and he didn’t even realize that his backpack had gotten caught on the bench. He turned way too fast and he felt himself get tugged backwards. He crashed onto the table. Dave and Brad started laughing along with half the other people around them. His face redder than before, he pulled his backpack clear of the bench and started walking off to the doors. But it wasn’t until he caught a glance of Mr. Popular’s face. Those eyes. They just pierced right through him. He flipped the kid off before storming out the doors. It would’ve been better if he had been laughing too. That way Mike would know that Dave was wrong about all that stupid stuff. He only made it until his locker. Then someone was behind him.

          “What’s wrong with me huh? Why do you fucking hate me so much?”

          He didn’t even turn around. He continued to dig through his locker so he could put his stuff away and get away from this kid.

          “What have I done? Do I like, offend you or something? Cause I’m sorry if I do. Just give me a chance.”

          Mike huffed and turned around, “Look, I don’t want to be friends with you. I’ve never liked you and I never will. Stop fucking hitting on me and stop fucking staring at me every minute of your life. You’re mad because for once in your pathetic life, you can’t get what you want. You’re just a fucking tool so get out of my life and leave me alone.”

          He glared at the boy who stood there in shock. Mike saw something he’d never seen in this kid’s eyes before. He saw sadness. And Mike had a feeling he was the cause of it. He pushed past the boy, hitting his shoulder so the boy spun around and then walked off.

          “You’re wrong!” the boy cried after him. Mike heard the upset tone of his voice and almost considered turning around but the next lines made him keep going. “I always get what I want!”

          He was so glad that it was Friday. He wouldn’t have to see that boy for a few days. He couldn’t stand him and he’d continue to tell the part of his body that controlled the distribution of heat it until he could hear that boy talk without his face turning red.

          It wasn’t until the end of the day when things got weird again. He wasn’t sure what he heard. But he knew it was Mr. Popular’s voice and probably his friend. And a lot of banging. Someone was punching or slamming lockers. He leaned against the wall.

          “What the fuck have I done?!”

          “Hey calm down man.”

          “I didn’t do anything! Nothing at all! What the fuck!?”

          “Some guys just aren’t into you.”

          “No that’s not true! Every gay and straight guy would give anything to be my sex partner for a night and you can ask them!”

          “Well, maybe he’s different. You can’t get what you want all the time.”

          “But I always do! I ALWAYS DO!”

          “You gotta get control of yourself.”

          “He called me a fucking tool! Me! That’s something……”

          Mike heard his voice lower and his friend sighed softly. Had what he’d said really had that big of an effect on him? He swallowed and glanced around the corner. Mr. Popular was hugging his friend tightly. It was one of those times that the emotions came out again. Just like when he had run into him in the hallway. A tiny bit of pain. His friend glanced up and his eyes narrowed at him. Mike swallowed and turned away quickly. He hurried out of the school.

          When he got home, he ran up into his room and shut the door. He’d really hurt that boy’s feelings today. He hadn’t meant to get so out of control. He just wasn’t interested. Why couldn’t he see that? He heard his phone buzz and he saw a text from Brad.

          ‘Dave’s wondering what the fuck you did.’

          ‘Nothing.’

          ‘No, you did something.’

          ‘I didn’t do anything. Why? What’s going on?’

          ‘Dave said he saw a specific someone quite upset today after lunch.’

          ‘I didn’t do anything.’

          ‘Mike, you were the only one that he talked to in that short of time.’

          ‘Fine! I called him a tool and told him to fuck off!’

          ‘Well that wasn’t very nice.’

          ‘It’s true. Now stop texting me.’

          He sighed as he turned his phone off and opened his sketchbook. He tore the page out and crumpled it up. He tossed it in the garbage. He was done with that boy and all his stupid popularity.

A/N: Sorry it's a bit short.