Chapter 23

Chapter 23

He'd cried himself to sleep on Christmas night but he woke up in an ok mood. He looked at the little box still underneath the tree and picked it up. He might as well put this away for now. Before he could, there was a knock on the door. He glanced outside and saw snow falling lightly. He opened the curtains so the snow could be seen. Then he went to the door in his pajamas and opened it. He stood there in shock as he looked at the person standing on his porch.

"H-Hi Mike. Merry Christmas," Chester said softly. Mike grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. He couldn't even speak. He was so happy to be back with Chester. Chester returned the hug and Mike brought him inside.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you answered my texts? Why weren't you at school?" Mike bombarded the other boy with questions. Chester looked away and then sighed.

"My dad confiscated my phone. Apparently he received a message from someone that I continued to hang out with you even though you were not supposed to be hanging out with me. That someone also recommended he keep better control of his son," Chester said, "So I got home and he took my phone away and put it somewhere. I still don't know where it is. And.....And then he basically beat me to death."

Mike stared at Chester as the boy shrugged his jacket off. He was in his pajamas too. Chester slowly pulled his shirt over his head and Mike gasped. There were bruises everywhere. On every inch of Chester's body. The poor boy must've felt awful.

"And.....And then, after he was done with that, he threw me in the basement and locked me down there. I tried to get out. I tried to run but I couldn't. I ate about twice a week and got a drink of water every day. I was in prison," Chester whispered. Mike stroked the boy's cheek.

"He made me swear not to go back to your place but I didn't. I wanted you. I couldn't say I would leave you. It hurt me enough that day I walked out."

"You're going to eat here ok? And you'll be safe here," Mike said. Chester nodded slightly and then gripped Mike's shirt.

"And then he sold me to people," Chester whispered. His voice could barely be heard. Mike frowned.

"What do you mean Chester?"

"I m-mean.....he would bring p-people home with him and let them....let them hurt me, and then he'd take me to that tattoo place and I'd get another one put on."

Mike clenched his fist in Chester's shirt. He couldn't believe that. Chester was so sweet. So innocent.

"Eventually he let me out of the basement and I immediately ran out to get a new phone but I came back with some groceries too so he wouldn't know. I couldn't move very fast and I managed to hide my phone where I keep everything else about you before he got to me. He told me that he kept his promise. That I'd be a dirty faggot just like he told me a long time ago. I'm sorry Mikey, I'm sorry if I'm disgusting," Chester whimpered. Mike shook his head as he gently rubbed over Chester's new tattoos.

"No baby, you're not. You're perfect."

"I wanted to text you a week and a half ago but he broke my fingers during a beating and I couldn't type. I'm sorry if I scared you Mikey. I'm so sorry," Chester said. Mike continued to hold onto Chester's shaking body as he shook his head.

"It's ok. Now let's have a nice little Christmas, just the two of us ok?"

Chester wiped his eyes and nodded, "Ok."

Mike tossed Chester his shirt and then Chester handed him a little package with a green ribbon on it. Mike took it and Chester smiled at him.

"It was kind of last minute....."