Chapter one: The Sandwich

"I just hate how cocky he is" an annoyed voice Spoke next to her, "like he is hot yeah but does it give him the right to treat people like shit?"

"I bet it's just a facade to get girls to like him" another voice scoffed, "he takes his looks and good voice as an advantage"

"You know when he used to livestream? I thought he'd be a sweetheart, but the fact that fame got into his head gave him much of an ego" Hana ranted as her glares were directed to the back of a certain head.

"Yeah you know, the mysterious CORPSE, everyone wanted to know. I did expect him to be this hot but the fact that he came to our school? That's something." Karin commented.

" it annoys me how he closed his channel after doing a face reveal because he wanted to 'live a normal life', yet he acts as a celebrity at school.", Hannah remarked while emphasizing her affirmation with the necessary air quotes, "it's just dumb, like he's just 16"

"I gotta admit, his voice is impressive but his attitude just messes it up" Lara added from the other side of the table . " he could try being a bit more empathetic"

" if he had never opened his YouTube channel I bet he wouldn't be this cocky" one of the girls spoke "right, Mac?"

While the discussion was taking place, the mentioned girl stared at a random spot past her friends' head, absorbed in her own daydreaming world while silently munching her sandwich, not even conscious about the conversation her friends were having. It was her mom's, she made her a grilled cheese sandwich with just the right amount of jam, lettuce, tomato and sauce. The feeling of the melted cheese hugging her taste buds with every single bite, accompanied with the basic flavor of her integral bread, created the perfect combination for the female to get lost in thought.

"Mac...", a hand moved on her field of vision, interrupting her fantasies with her sandwich, "are you daydreaming again?"

The girl snapped out of her delicious thoughts to look at the owner of the hand, finding Lucy trying to keep herself from laughing.

"Noo, i was just staring at Laura's forehead to see if I can read her thoughts " responded the girl sarcastically, "just shut up, you know I can't help it". And with that she took another bite out of her sandwich.

"So what do you think about corpse?" The smallest girl asked, turning her head towards her friend but pointing with a finger at the mentioned man.

The other 7 girls, present at the table gave her multiple deathglares, accompanied by "shh's" "damn it Karin" and a number of smacks on her forehead, making the girl realize her question was made in a rather loud voice, which by coincidence, the man had heard.

The girls stared at the back of the guys head, in hopes that he would let it slide, and continue eating his lunch in his respective table. Nonetheless, luck didn't seem to be on their side as their field of vision changed from fluffy black hair to a face. It seemed like a scene out of a movie, like in one of those scary movies, that Mac hated so much, in where the protagonist enters that certain room that they shoudnt enter, knowing the monster is waiting for them there. Those movies that even if you know how it is going to turn out, how messy and bloody the result is going to be, you keep on watching with wide eyes for the expected result. Those movies that make your heart beat incredibly fast , as the actions unfold slowly, making the tension grow with each breathe you take. Mac never understood the point of watching those types of movies, if you knew it was going to end up badly, why bother watching it anyways? However, this time, her logic seemed to play jokes on her, as her vision remained glued infront of her, unable to look away with her heart pounding on her chest and eyes as wide as plates. Just her luck, this monster had the sexiest smile with the most piercing eyes that just seemed to draw her curiosity to extreme levels.