Chapter seven: Burried

"Are you both daydreaming now?"

An almost empty bowl of pasta appeared in Mac's vision as she returned her mind to the restaurant table where they were sitting.

She turned her head to meet with a blinking Corpse at her right, and afterwards, a confused Hannah at her left.

"You really manage to get Corpse daydreaming as well" the blonde one comented.

The best friends shared a look, a million words left unsaid, and then continued eating their respective food plates.

They had both been lost in their memories from the night when they shared a kiss, when a heart got broken and another one got tense.

"So should i tell Jimmy you want to meet him?" Hannah asked, in hopes her friend would give her a proper answer this time.

Mac turned to look at her, while the male sitting next to her looked at her direction. The truth is, Mac was scared. She was scared of falling for another guy and getting her heart broken once again. But could she even fall for another guy when the Corpse was buried deep inside her mind?

"Sure" her mouth spoke by itself. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, she could force herself to like someone else, and finally bury those feelings that the guy next to her managed to awake. Hannah, satisfied with her friend's answer, unlocked her phone with a smile present on her face and texted a number right away.

Corpse scoffed next to her, and went back to getting his attention to his food plate.

"What's your fucking problem?" she asked annoyed, just like on that day when they first met. "Can't you just be happy for me instead of scoffing about everything i do?"

They wouldn't fight often, and when they did it would be over the stupidest shit, nothing never actually serious. However, this once, she had enough.

The guy placed his fork down on his plate, afterwards, he made a 90 degree turn and faced the female with one of the most cold expressions Mac had seen on his face.

"Why would i be happy about you being dumb enough to set yourself up for heartbreak?"

"Not all boys are like you, Corpse, there are some guys out there who ACTUALLY care about the people they are set up with" She mimicked his expression. Mac was exhausted of his attitude, it was time for him to understand.

"So you're assuming i don't care about girls?" A mix of disbelief with hurt was present in the guy's voice.

"I'm not assuming, I know you don 't, as your best friend, I know that's your way of having fun, nothing serious, not caring about how hurt they'll be afterwards." Mac pronounced with a bitter tone, as if she was talking more from her personal experience than from what she had seen.

"I care about YOU, and that should be enough" numbness present in his eyes, as if he was done with her senseless talking already.

"You sureeee do" Sarcasm leaving her mouth, "you show it just perfectly"

"I don't need to show it for it to be true"

"Then you could be just fooling everyone around you, maybe even yourself" the bitterness on her tone reflected everything she once kept to herself, "What are you hiding, Corpse?"

"You are the one fooling yourself, why do u doubt me so much?" he managed to skip her question by making another one.

"Cuz! I know you, and i know that if-"

She stopped herself.

If i ever tell you how i feel you will just toy with my feelings.