Chapter nine: Bad combination

"What are you doing here" Mac cut off the silence, staring at the male in front of her. She tried her best to pull out the most monotone voice she could handle, to make him realize she wasn't pleased to see him. Not that she wasn't. She was indeed happy that he was safe, and that he thought about her. What she couldn't stand was the fact that he'd appear in her house as if nothing had happened some hours prior.

"Visiting my best friend of course" he replied, with an active voice and his usual smile as he stepped inside the house.

One of the things that Mac hated the most was fighting with the people she loved. The other one was when Corpse got drunk.

Just her luck, she got the bad combination.

"Weren't you at a party?" she asked, following the man who walked through her living room and into her house.

"I came to tell you about it!" he accentuated as he looked back at her with a smile and proceeded to throw himself on the white couch behind him.

Mac remained standing up, in front of the couch looking at the guy with disbelief. Did he really forget about what had happened at the restaurant?

In the room next door, Hannnah and Karin had woken Lara up at the moment they realized who the owner of the voice was. The three girls were leaning on the door that connected the studio with the living room, trying to figure out the path the conversation would take. They loved gossiping, ofcourse, but this time, their eavesdropping was more related to the worry they had for their friend rather than some tea they could spill.

The three of them were ready to go out of the room and wouldn't hesitate to punch the guy if things went wrong.

"i don't have time for your shit today, Corpse" the female voice commented as she rolled her eyes. "You are drunk"

The guy looked up at the girl with a dramatic hand on his chest, and wide eyes.

"Im sober!" he employed his best dramatic voice, "i'm the same as always"

"Yeah, i forgot your mind is always somewhere else"

"But let me tell you about the party!" in his best dunken state, he started acting as a child. In an attempt of throwing a tantrum, he laid down on his side, as a way of facing Mac having only half of his body resting on the couch and grabbed her wrist moving it, trying to get her attention. "There was this chick-"

Right he would only look for her to speak about other girls.

"Why do you need to tell me about it" Mac took her free hand, placed it on top of Corpse's as he grabbed onto her and with all of her force, yanked herself away from his grasp.

The sudden action made the guy's body weight shift, almost making him fall off the couch. Nonetheless, before the gravitational force could do its job properly, he managed to place his hands on the floor , preventing his perfect face from hitting the ground.

"Cuz you're my best friend" he said, as he stumbled on himself to stand up and face her.

"Stop calling me that!" she practically yelled on his face. Her action being more of a reflex of the ache in her heart than a rational answer.

"Oh i see..someones jealous" he expressed with a joking voice, leaning his face forward, so close, Mac could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Starting to get annoyed by his attitude, the girl stepped back and walked away from the guy. She knew it was always like this, he'd start teasing her only to end up backing away and going to where some other girl was. Each time, it pained her more than the last one, yet she couldn't get herself to speak up about it.