Chapter thirteen: Unplanned

"What's that sound?" was the first thing Mac heard as she picked up her phone

"Ever heard of a blowdryer?" she replied sarcastically to the male at the other side of the line.

With the flirtiest tone, her boyfriend replied "I've heard of a blowj-"

The girl cutted him off before he could even finish the sentence,

"Be careful with what you say! You're on speaker and my mom's with me!" she warned, but her warning most likely made the whole neighbourhood know about what the conversation was about.

"Oh hey Sienna!" Corpse exclaimed from the other end as if he was a saint and nothing had happened.

"Hey Corpse, you are taking good care of my Mac, right?" Her mother answered while pulling on Mac's hair a bit too harshly with the brush

"Ofcourse! You know she's in good hands" the guy said, and Mac rolled her eyes, she was sure her mother had not understood the double meaning behind his words.

"Are you spending the new years with us this time?" Sienna made her voice loud enough to talk with her daughter's boyfriend through the speaker, as the blow dryer was still on.

"Sure thing, if it's not an inconvenience for you"

Mac wanted to laugh at Corpse's new decency when talking to older people, she knew he was trying his best to gain her parent's approval, even if they had approved of him even before they started dating.

The blow dryer was turned off,indicating Mac's hair was done already. Taking the chance that she was finally free, she took the phone, tuned off the speaker and proceeded to place the device close to her ear.

"You do know my mother loves you already? You don't need to try so hard" she spoke into the phone

"I'm just being decent, princess" she felt the smile on his voice, making fun of her reaction.

"Anyways," she said, changing the conversation topic, "are you really spending new years with us?"

"Yes, after taking you to a date that is"

"A date? The busiest day of the year? The best idea you've had so far" her sarcastic remark always present.

"Busiest day of the year is on christmas, " he replied, " don't play hard to get princess, i know you are dying to go on a date with me"

"Lets say i agree to go on a date today" she commenced, walking to her kitchen while keeping her phone close to her ear, "what are we doing?"

"Why don't you guess where I'm taking you instead?" his deep voice accentuating the mysteriousness of his words.

"You can't fool me, you are just improvising it again"

His low chuckle resonated on her left ear.

"Why don't you start by opening up your front door and letting your handsome boyfriend in?"

The girl left out a sigh as a smile adorned her lips and she shook her head from side to side, not believing the guy she decided to have a relationship with.

"You already know how to get in, why wait for me to open up?" she asked, while serving herself a glass of water, her phone being held between her shoulder and ear.

"I'm being decent! I told you already" was his reply.

The girl hung up the phone and left the glass on the kitchen counter before heading towards the entrance, opening the door. As she opened it, a tall man in a full black outfit, black pants, with a turtleneck black shirt, and a black jacked, which complemented his black hair, stood outside her door frame