Chapter four: Jelly

As her mind returned to the present, She brushed her fingers through her hair, made sure her skirt was neatly placed, pulled her crop top a little bit lower and tied the loose laces from her tennis before heading outside the restroom. She saw the table where her friends were seated from the distance. They were chatting altogether as the food was being placed in front each of them respectively. The last one to get their plate, was Corpse. Obviously.

Mac wanted to roll her eyes after seeing the extreme delicacy with which the waitress placed the plate on the table.

Extreme delicacy. Yeah right. More like wanting her breasts to be seen for longer.

The girl seemed to say something to the man in front of her as she placed the plate on the table. However, for the first time EVER, Corpse gave her a disgusted look before looking past her shoulder to the restroom's direction. As his eyes met Mac's, who cursed at herself for staring at him when he looked over, they turned into surprised ones. He wasn't expecting her? Then why was he looking at her direction? Was there a possibility that he had been checking the door wondering when would she return?

Nah, Corpse wasnt that type of guy.

Mac walked towards the table as a result of her failed attempt of hiding. As the waitress saw her, she rolled her eyes and disappeared from beside the table. The girl sat down on the chair she was using before, right next to the devil, trying her best not to look at him to prevent her body, or mouth, to respond incorrectly.

Luck was never on her side

"Are you okay?" the deep but kind and caring voice spoke.

"Why woudnt i be? Can't i pee?" The girl answered with a fake smile and sarcasm on her tone.

"More like taking a shit" his voice turned back into his usual joking one, even if his eyes remained glued on her with worry.

Mac wanted to scream.

She wanted to spit in his face and tell him to fuck off, to get the waitress, to stop being nice to her, to leave her alone, to leave her heart alone. But she couldn't. Because even if he was a big flirt, even if he was the biggest narcissist, even if all he did was play around with girls, in more than one way, he was still her best friend. He was also the guy who was there for her when she was feeling at her lowest, he was also the one who saw through her facade when not even her friends did, he was also the one one who made her laugh until 5 am in the morning, he was also the one who stole her first kiss, he was also the guy who would help her study even if he had no idea about the topic, he was also the one who just kept her company, he was also the guy who would clean her tears away, who would watch anime for a whole day with her, even if he allegedly hated it, he was the guy who would game with her (and not get mad when she won). And the list kept going. "you should confess, or stop hanging out with him once and for all", were the words that her friend told her inside the restroom. Yet, how could she tell her that the reasons why she couldn't push him away, were the exact same reasons why she kept herself from telling him how she felt. She was afraid of losing everything they had. And it hurted her. A lot.

So she just forced a laugh and started eating her pasta.

Next to her, Hannah noticed the way the girl sighed on her food and decided she was officially done with Corpse being an asshole. So she did what any friend in her position would do.

"Hey Mac" the girl with the golden locks nudged her friend while holding her phone on her left hand, "Chris wants to know if you'd like to meet one of his friends"

At the mention of Mac meeting up with someone else, The dark haired devil's attention seemed to go to the girl's conversation rather than to the lasagna placed in front of him.