Chapter three: The purple bunny

Inside the expanse restroom, an annoyed Mac sat on the sink, careful not to get her black skirt wet with the leftover water on the porcelain as she looked at her phone placed on her left hand. The girl scrolled aimlessly through her nstagram feed, letting her mind roam free as hundreds of drawings, animations, videos and edits passed through her screen, occasionally leaving a like on the posts.

The door opened with a bang as the girl with the dyed red locks entered the restroom and made her way to where her friend was seated.

"Are you okay?" she asked in a soft voice

"Im fine... just annoyed i guess" the girl ontop of the sink answered without taking her eyes off her phone

The little girl sat next to her friend, on the sink, making her legs swing underneath her.

"You can't keep doing this to yourself, Mac. Do you really want to run away everytime you see him flirting with someone else? Its hurting you, i can see it"

"Sure then i'll just evaporate into the air whenever it happens" the sarcastic remark never failed to appear.

"Im serious, you really think its making you any good?"

"Either way soon i'll be going to SCAD and hopefully he'll be going to UCLA, i wont be seeing him flirting with girls once we are off."

"I thought he hadn't decided which college he was going to yet?"

"Just as he said, 'UCLA has the hottest girls'" mac commented, adding the necessary air quotes "he'll end up there."

"Im no romance expert, but i mean it when i say that he might like you. Have you ever stopped to think where is he looking at when you are not watching?" the small girl faced the taller one.

"To a girls'ass?" she replied, half joking half serious, looking up from her phone for a second.

"No, to you" the girl added, "you should confess, or stop hanging out with him once and for all"

"I think you've watched way too many kdramas" she smiled and blocked her phone to give her friend her full attention, " im okay, my period is just close"

"Oh do you need pads? I'll bring you some" Karin said as she jumped down from the sink and to the floor, standing right infront of the girl with caramel hair.

"Its fine... you should go back, i'll be out in a minute. I just need some alone time"

The girl looked at her with questioning eyes but then broke into a smile.

"Sure! Just text me if you need something" the girl said as she proceeded to hug her friend " "Don't take too long tho, the food should arrive at any time now" and with that Mac was all alone.

Corpse liking her?

Her thoughts roamed to the series of events they had lived together, trying to find an event in which he had shown her some sort of possible liking attitude.

And then they stopped.

It was on final exams week, junior year, about seven months ago.

School had been especially hard this week. Mac had 3 projects, 5 essays, 2 oral activities and 4 artworks all for the week . Luckily, it was sunday 4pm, and she was almost done with her last essay. Nonetheless, she didn't seem relaxed at the idea of almost being free. Her weekend got consumed in schoolwork, the whole school week had been shitty, leaving her almost no time to rest, nor sleep. In addition, she just had a fight with her dad over some stupid thing about her not doing the chores, even if she had said multiple times, she'll do them once she was free from the work she had to hand in.