Chapter twelve: Stealing

Three pairs of eyes stood gazing at one another in the kitchen. Two of them, wide from the nervousness and one expectant.

"Mackenzie" The older man spoke once again, cutting off the silence that had been accentuated in the room.

The girl cleared her throat to make her voice sound calm before pushing the boy away, giving them more space between themselves. At the action, Corpse straightened himself up and faced the girl's Father as if he was a soldier, making his best to keep his composure.

"Dad... "Mac started, her voice coming out firmer than expected, "You already know Corpse... we uh... we recently started dating."

Mac tried her best to appear confident and calm, as she explained the situation with the help of her hands, while her eyes were kept frozen on her dad's figure.

"I can see that" was all the Man answered, his gaze fixed on the teenagers before him.

An awkward silence rose inside the room, as the three figures present remained without words left to say.

Ofcourse, explaining they were together was not the answer he was expecting, he wanted to know why Corpse was shirtless, with wet hair, touching his daughter and claiming she was his. Her dad really had the worst timing.

The black haired devil, took a step forward and wetted his lips before speaking.

"Edward," Corpse commenced, addressing the man before him with his first name, " Mac and i are dating, we were just kidding right now, our relationship is very serious, i will take good care of her"

If it wasn't because of her nervousness, Mac would have laughed straight to his face at how formal he sounded.

Nonetheless, her father seemed far from pleased with his answer.

"Macke-" the man turned to look at his daughter, when the ringing of a phone interrupted him midway.

Their heads turned to the direction from where the sound came from, only to find Mac's cell phone ringing on the counter. Mac rushed to pick up her phone, feeling the males' gaze follow her movements.

"Lucy" she said as she picked up, walking towards the kitchen's exit, thankful for her friends timing.

Corpse saw his girlfriend give him an apologetic look before exiting the room with the phone glued to her ear.

He was doomed.

Looking back to the older man, he noted how he was already staring at him, locking his dark orbs with his own.

Corpse took the gesture as a signal for him to continue speaking.

"Your daughter is an amazing girl, i've been wanting to ask her out for some time now, i can't promise i won't hurt her, but i will give the best of me to prevent it from happening" Corpse bursted out, trying his best to remain calm, even if he had never spoken to an adult so seriously or respectfully in his life.

Edward looked at the boy from head to toe, which made corpse conscious of his half- naked state, and proceeded to explain.

"Mac lent me her bathroom, while she was downstairs, but i swear nothing else happened!" Corpse said, sounding more hurried than of what he intended to, "i respect her wholefully and i wouldn't-"

The guy stopped midway, taken aback by the smile that formed itself on the older's face.

"Edwa-"

The older made his way to where the guy was standing and palmed his shoulders with both of his hands and let out a laugh while looking at him, managing to confuse the teen.