Chapter fourteen: Reward

Two weeks later, docens of eyes stared at the couple in awe as they walked down the school hallway while holding hands. It didn't take long before the news spread to the whole school, and honestly, it wasn't a surprise people were so interested in it. The iconic Mac-Corpse duo, the friendship they all wanted, turning into a couple, probably crushing most of the girl's hearts while doing so. Girls stared at their joined hands, with venom and jealousy mostly, others, rather with proudness and happiness. The boy's wooed as they passed by and congratulated Corpse from a distance. Mac felt happiness rushing through her system as they walked down the halls, not because of the people surrounding them, but because of the man standing at her left, which made her feel as the most loved thing in the entire universe.

"Are you nervous?" Corpse leaned down to speak right in her ear, not letting go of her hand.

"I'm not" Mac replied.

"But you're blushing" he said with a cocky smile.

" that's not out of nervousness," she answered.

They got to their homeroom classroom, being the only other period, with maths obviously, that they shared. As the classroom door opened, a crescent roar of cheers invaded their ears while they made their way inside the room. Mac wanted the earth to swallow her as a result of her friend's loudness, which made the rest of the students look back at the ginormous group with annoyedness.

"Such a nice looking couple!" one of the girls pronounced as they got to the back of the classroom, where their friends were seated.

"Don't act as if you didn't see us together before" Mac laughed at her friend.

"But not at school!" another one interrupted, "it makes it official" .

Some minutes later, the bell rang, indicating that their first period was starting. With this, Corpse placed a subtle peck on Mac's forehead before whispering a "see you at lunch" against her skin and leaving the classroom.

At lunch, Mac found herself walking towards their usual lunch table with some of the girls, only to find her boyfriend already chatting actively with the boys there. As he spared a glance to his side and caught some caramel hair in his field of vision, Corpse pushed his chair backwards tapping on his lap as he did so. Mac blushed at the proposal but nonetheless made her way to sit down where the male had motioned her to, gaining a bunch of whistles from the boys and squeals from the girls. Corpse placed his hands at either side of her waist while accommodating his chin in the curve of her shoulders, continuing the conversation as if nothing had happened.

The girl resting on his lap took out her usual grilled cheese sandwich, and started eating it as the man followed his conversation. As she munched on the piece of bread, she felt one hand leave her waist, have a grasp of her food and pull it closer to her boyfriend's mouth as he took a bite of her sandwich just as he had years before.

At the action, Mac turned to look at the male with a death glare while he munched patiently, curving his lips upwards, loving how easy she was to tease.

"Haven't you learned not to eat my food?" she asked, annoyed.

"I deserve a reward for acting as a chair" Corpse answered as he gulped down the food.

"I didn't ask you to do it" Mac replied, trying to slide out of the man's grasp and onto the chair next to him.

Corpse held onto her waist tighter, preventing her from slipping away from him, and instead, pulling her body closer to his'.

"But you know you love it" he spoke, cockyly.

"What makes you think that?" she said, in the exact same tone.