Chapter five: The Foil

Corpse started walking through the crowd, between the couples, skipping some occasional puke puddles, and around the dancing bodies. The loud bass thumped in his ears, as his mind raced with worry. When suddenly, music hit his ear in between all of the noise. He'd recognize her laugh anywhere.

He turned to the direction where he heard the sound coming from, worry vanishing from his eyes and instead, replaced with relief. However, it lasted a second as he saw the image before him.

Mac was sitting on one of the couches inside the house, comfortably talking with someone. Not only talking, but laughing. And it wasn't just someone. With a boy.

He made his way to where the couple was seated and sat right next to Mac, maybe CLOSER than of what he had planned, and looked at the boy who she was talking to.

The guy had brownish natural hair, it was soft and perfectly neat. He had it styled to a side in such a way that it left his eyes full on display. His eyes were of two different colors. One of them, blue as the sky and the other one, brown as the ground. Just above his blue eye, his brow was cut midway through the end as a ring piercing hugged the razored part. As a result of his hair being short, there were a pair of pierced ears full on display. On his mouth, a rosy pink color, tinted his lips and over them, there was another ring piercing.

"Oh Corpse" Mac said, looking to her side and noticing her best friend practically joining their hips together "You're here"

The guy with the pierced face looked at the mentioned man with the coldest eyes on earth, in such a way that corpse felt as if he was in the north pole.

But he woudn't let that scare him away.

So he looked at the man with just the same intensity back.

"What are you doing here?" Corpse asked, trying to make his voice sound deeper than ever.

This caught the female off guard.

She gulped.

"I was looking for some place to rest. And then i found Foil" the girl smiled.

"Foil?" The black haired man asked, still looking at the other male.

He hated foil already

"Oh sorry, I meant Carson. I used to call him Foil when we were kids."

His face did look as a piece of foil though.

"You know each other?" The guy questioned with furrowed brows.

"Carson and I were neighbors when we were younger. He was my 'boyfriend'" the girl explained with the necessary air quotes while a smile crept into her face.

A smile that Carson, or foil, mimicked.

A smile that Corpse didn't like.

For the first time since Corpse arrived, the other boy decided to speak.

"Corpse, right? You're my Mac's new boyfriend?" his voice was raspy, not as deep as Corpse's, but still deep enough.

My?

Corpse didn't know who the guy was. But he knew for sure that Mac was NOT his.

Before the guy could answer, the girl's laugh interrupted him.

"Corpse and i are just best friends" there was something salty on her voice, even if Corpse didn't really catch it.

"How come i never knew about you, Carlos, if you used to be as close as Mac says you were?" After a year and a half of being friends with Mac, some of her sarcasm should have sticked with the male. It was a surprise that the first time he used it was on some random dude, at a party, out of jealousy.