Chapter two: The Cat

The boy kept his word. The "i guess i'll see you often" seemed to be more like a promise than a bundle of words. The day after their first encounter, the dark haired man made his way to the girl's table, followed by 3 of his friends, acting as if they owned the place. If you ever saw them, you'd think you've gotten yourself into boys over flowers for how surreal the whole situation was. The group started to loosen up. As the days passed, the girls seemed to get used to the boy's presence, managing to have conversations, as if they've been friends for a lifetime. The lunch stealer and the lunch provider seemed to grow closer than the rest of them, though. They'd talk at lunch, then over the phone when they got home, and also all the way through the group hangouts. The occasional flirty jokes didn't fail to appear, ofcourse. People would tend to assume they were dating but soon disregard their affirmation after seeing a corpse hooking up with multiple girls or Mac clarifying they were just friends. Best FRIENDS at the most. Even if she knew that her heart ached everytime that world was pronounced.

Fast forward two years in the future, their relationship only seemed to grow stronger, they would stay over at each other's houses and even go on trips together. Their bonding made everyone in the group grow closer, to such an extent that they even managed to pair up their friends. Mac was a great matchmaker, that's a fact, but when it came to her own feelings, she couldn't seem to get a hold of them.

"You gotta tell him how you feel!" Ophelia cheered her friend "what if he actually likes you back"

"Exactly! Its been two years! Do u even think holding it in for two years is healthy?" Lara, who's hair was now a deep shade of blue, asked.

"Whats the point on telling him if he's still gonna keep his ways... i like our friendship how it is right now...i rather be his best friend than just another one of his girls" The brunette answered.

"Are u stupid or sumn shit?" Sara commented, "he obviously likes u back"

"I agree with Sara, you need to tell him" laura added.

"Tell who what?" a male voice asked behind the group of girls.

"Nothing that you need to know of" Lara replied to the boy who took a seat beside her.

"OHH girls stuff, i got it" the boy said with a knowing smile on his face while he intertwined his right hand with the bluehaired girl.

"Why do boys always have the worst timing?" another of the girls commented

"I think thats just Sykkuno who loves to eavesdrop on our conversations" Lara said as she leaned her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

As in que, the missing boys made an entrance to the restaurant and respectively took their seats at the table. Some next to their girlfriends, or significant others, and the others just next to the group.

"Hey, princess" the black haired devil whispered in Mac's ear as he sat down next to her, flashing his usual smile.

Right, princess. It seemed to be Corpse'favorite nickname for his best friend, even if Mac didn't understand why, she didn't seem to mind it.

"Hey... its 9pm already, What took you so long? Did u have to stop for you to take a shit?" a sarcastic remark was pronounced from the girls lips.

"Rae got lost looking for the address so we had to ask some girls to help us out" the boy said with a painfully pleased smile. The girl already knew he had been flirting with their guides.

Mac proceeded to roll her eyes and handed a menu to her best friend.

"Order already, you're gonna end up eating when we are all done"