Chapter Six: Lie

As people gathered up, Corpse took one of the empty bottles of vodka left on the counter, still holding Mac's hand, and proceeded to sit down dragging her with him.

Before the man with the pierced face could sit on Mac's other side, Lucy rushed to where her friend was sitting, occupying the spot. Internally, Corpse reminded himself to thank the short haired girl later on.

The game commenced as Corpse took the lead and proceed to explain the rules to the people present in the circle, around 10 pairs of eyes attentively stared at him as he spoke

"Its simple, you spin, you ask the person it lands on. If they choose dare but fail to complete it, they drink, same thing with a truth that doesn't want to be said.

As everyone stood up to grab their own can of beer, Mac remained seating on the floor.

Glancing to his best friend, Corpse saw the uneasiness in Mac's face, making him feel guilty for dragging her into this.

"I'll drink for Mac, if she ever needs to" Corpse pronounced loudly as he took a sit once again next to her.

"Thought you weren't planning on drinking today?" Mac asked with her eyes full of questions.

"Precisely, so u better not make me drink, princess" a grin present on his lips as his deep voice resonated in her ear.

The girl gluped, anxious for what might happen. She hated when Corpse drank. The guy became a little too much. So she decided that if the question was ever asked, she'd lie.

The first round went by easy, the typical truth or dare questions asked. Yet, each time the bottle spinned close to Mac,she felt her chest grow tight as her breath got stuck in her throat and her thoughts roamed about the possible dares and questions she could get, while having a greek devil,  by her side.

Mac watched the bottle spin at an incredibly slow pace as it passed infront of her, only to stop a centimetre next to her.

"Lucy! Truth or dare!" A girl with purple locks asked the short haired one. Mac breathed out in relief, while the girl next to her tensed up and the boy at her other side let out a laugh at her actions.

"Uhh dare" her friend retored hesitantly.

"Sit down on Jackson's lap for the rest of the night" the other girl said, making a number of oohh's and whistles erupt on the circle.

The girl let out a nervous laugh as she stood up and made her way all the way to the other side of the circle, and did as commanded,sitting down on the blond guy's lap, both her's and Jackson's cheeks turning a deep shade of red at the action.

Mac almost, almost, felt bad for her friend. If it wasn't for the fact that she knew her friend and Jackson had both liked each other for over six months. If she was being honest, everyone knew already, even both of them. Yet, they never did a thing to confirm they were official whatsoever. So maybe the little dare could actually help them be less shy and act up.

It's worth noting that by the end of the night there was a new couple in the group.

She watched the scene before her eyes with a little smile present on her lips at the thought of her friend finally doing something about her crush. So immersed in the couple in front of her that she didn't see the man watching her with the same dumb smile from her side until she felt a whisper in her ear.

"That could be us" was enough to make her shiver from head to toe and feel her neck become warm.

"W-what?" she said as she backed away to get some space between them, hoping he wouldn't notice the effect he had on her.