17.

Amora

I gave Carrie a smile before happily sitting down, as I looked at the pot of flowers that sat on my desk.

I eyed Edward who walked into the classroom, before quickly snatching the card that was placed with the pot.

"Oh my god Carrie! Look!" I exclaimed extra loudly, turning over and holding up the card to show her.

"Amora! Oh my god they're super gorgeous!" She smiled, leaning over as I opened up the card.

"What is that?" Benny piped up suddenly, making Carrie and I both whip our heads over.

"Flowers duh! What else?" I rolled my eyes at him, before happily reading the card.

"Who's it from?" He crossed his arms, furrowing his eyebrows as he leaned back in his seat suspiciously.

"No idea! Isn't that cute!" I exclaimed, smiling to Carrie.
"Oh my god Amora, you got a little secret lover or something?" She teased, poking my arm with a laugh.

I smiled happily before turning back seeing Edward who began to sit down, he rose an eyebrow examining the flowers before sending me a small smile.

I smiled back before looking down to flowers, smiling to myself at the fact that it semi worked.

I mean, it got a suspicious eyebrow raise?

——

Over the course of the next few days I've done what every other normal girl would do.

I continued to send myself love letters, flowers, and candy.

Just so he can see that I'm pretty desired.

I walked into the classroom shooting Edward a smile who was already sat at his desk before passing him and sitting down at mine.

I lifted up my bag pulling out a tin box of chocolates, smiling as I set it down onto my desk.

"Carrie?" I smiled, lifting up the lid before passing the box towards her.

She stared at the chocolate before pouting and letting out a whine.

"Ugh I shouldn't but... sure!" She exclaimed, happily clapping her hands before taking a piece.

I smiled as I turned around in my seat, clicking my tongue to get Benny's attention.

He lowered the book in his hand, knitting his eyebrows together once he seen the box.

"Where'd you get that?" He questioned, motioning to chocolate with his book.

"Oh you know... from someone" I trailed off, smiling as I held up the note that I placed with the box.

He stared back at me, slowly nodding his head with a clench of his jaw and a slight eye squint.

"You want or not?" I perked up an eyebrow, waving the box towards him again.

He rolled his eyes before taking one, muttering a small 'thanks'.

I smiled whipping around towards the front, eyeing Edward who continued to look down at his paper.

I cleared my throat softly tapping his shoulder, making him turn around and send a smile once seeing me.

"You want some? They're way good they're hazelnut!" I smiled, motioning towards the chocolate in my hand.

He looked down at the box before letting out a small laugh and nodding.
"Sure! I like hazelnut" he nodded, taking a small piece of chocolate.

He flashed me a smile before turning back around, leaving me to smile and want to squeal out at the small encounter with him.

——

I rested my head onto my hand, as I let out a breathe staring off into the distance.

"Oh boy, what's up?" Carrie asked, snapping her finger in my face to snap me out of it.

"What?" I stammered, immediately looking away from Edward.

"You're drooling Amora? That's something I've never thought I'd see! Who is it!" She smiled happily, nudging my arm.

"Nobody! That's absolutely crazy!" I shook my head in denial, taking a bite from the carrot in my hand.

"Seriously Amora who is it! He's gotta be super hot!" She insisted, frantically looking around the room.

I shook my head before looking back over towards Edward who sat at a table from across the room.

My chewing began to slow down as I fell into a stare, staring at him while he talked with a few other boys.

"Oh my god, it's Edward!" Carrie suddenly shrieked, making me whip my head away from the boy.

"He's a total hunk! Why didn't I put it together, of course you'd like a guy who can dress!" She continued, flailing her hands crazily.

"I totally do not!" I groaned, shaking my head in denial.

"Totally so! You've been staring this whole lunch time!" Carrie insisted, poking my arms excitedly.

"Ugh whatever! I absolutely hate this stupid feeling, but..." I trailed off, glancing back towards him.
"Look at him!" I whined, throwing my head into my hands.

"Oh he most def likes you back" Carrie smiled, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly.

"Really?" My head perked up, whipping my gaze towards her.

"Totally. You're Amora who wouldn't!" She assured me, nudging my arm jokingly.

I sighed before looking back towards, letting out a stunned breathe from the sight of him before taking another bite of my carrot.