36.

Amora

Now with Benny giving me the idea of actually speaking to my mom and pretending like she was actually listening.

I actually started to do so. Instead of completely passing by her without a second thought.

I rushed into the house, smiling excitedly as I walked over towards the hung up framed photo.

"Hey mom. 98 on my geometry test, pretty groovy right?" I smiled, holding up the paper in my hand.

"Yeah that's because I helped you study. Don't forget that" Benny added as he followed behind.

"Oh whatever you so did not? You attempted to yes but, you ended up falling asleep" I smiled, patting his back.

I gave him a pat on the back as he rolled his eyes, turning around and walking off into the kitchen.

"Whatcha doing pops?" I asked, skipping over and looking down over his shoulder.

"Nothing, did you do your homework?" He shooed me away, still looking down at the folder in his hands.

"Duh, of course dad" I laughed, rolling my eyes before smiling to myself.

"Oh, hi Benny" Dad sighed once he noticed his presence, glancing over at him briefly.

"Hello Mr. Sanchez" Benny greeted him, laughing softly at his reaction towards him.

"Amora, where's my work luggage?" Dad called out even though I was standing right next to him, searching around quickly.

"It's in your office papa. Want some?" I replied, before turning over and offering Benny a piece of my candy.

Dad groaned before pushing himself up from the table and stomping away.

"I don't think he likes me" Benny sighed once he was gone, leaning against the counter next to me.

"Of course he does. You helped him with his taxes plus organized all of his work papers" I patted his shoulder, assuring him.

"Wow, so is that the only reason. Is that why he called me at like 10 in the night?" He questioned, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Guess so. Speaking of, you really think your family likes me? I think I ruined it once I started talking about my shoes. How could I not! They were by Charles Jordan's!" I rambled, throwing my hand into my hair.

"Hey, it's ok. They loved you. After you left, they were now the ones who couldn't shut up about you" He laughed, shaking his head

"Awe well now you're just kidding me!" I blushed, rolling my eyes as I waved my hand.

"I'm not. They loved you, trust me" he assured me, pressing a small kiss onto my lips.

I huffed before finally nodding.
"Hi Rose!" I smiled instantly, once she walked into the room.

"Hi dear. Hello to you too Benny" she smiled at us both, pulling out a rag and sponge from under the sink.

"Hi Mrs. Holland, you need help?" He offered, as we watched her wipe off the counters and table.

"I've told you this once already boy, call me Rose! I'm only 27, and you're making me feel like some old women! But no, I'm fine thank you dear" She flailed her hands around as she rambled, shaking her head at him with a smile.

I shook my head, cracking a small laugh before turning around. Opening up the drawer below the counter and pulling out a cooking book.