28.

Amora

I sat staring off as everyone played on the field, sighing once I realized I was staring at Benny again.

I shook my head, growing angry with myself as I pushed myself up from the bench.

"Carrie, I'm going for a walk" I huffed out, uncrossing my legs and standing up.

"Want me to come?" She asked, watching when I stood up from the bench.

"No, I'm fine I'll be back real quick" I answered, brushing my skirt off before walking away.

I walked out of the sandlot, letting out a stressed huff once I was walking down the sidewalk.

I felt confused, and out of control with my own emotions and feelings. I felt like the world was upside down and it was slipping right through my fingers.

I needed to go to a sacred place where I can gather my thoughts, and regain my stability.

"Thank you!" I smiled, taking the bag from the women before pushing myself off the counter.

I stepped out of the shop looping the bag through my arm, before walking off down the sidewalk.

As I walked down the street gazing into each store that I passed, I soon fell into a deep conversation with myself.

What is going on with me?

Oh this whole Benny thing is completely weakening me.

I have no idea why I'm even acting like this, and zero clue as to why I even told him about my mom or my stupid failed relationship.

I mean, I've never liked talking about things like that and would absolutely never just tell someone like that.

Yet, I just did.

But why?

Why on total earth did I feel so comfortable with him too completely just spill to him. I just don't get it.

Ugh what am I even saying?

This is like Benny that I'm talking about here. The Benny that I've despised ever since he completely ruined my Pucci skirt by spilling milk on it like the total clutz that he is.

So why was I even stressing so much about him.

He's like a slug, that's only ever in the sandlot playing his baseball and constantly saying things that he absolutely knows would get under my skin.

He's not even cute!

I think?

Suddenly an image of Benny flashed through my mind, making me groan and rub my eyes in frustration.

Ok ok, so he's somewhat of a dreamboat? Whatever.

Who even cares about him right?

Yes, although he may annoy me and make me want to completely smack him across the face every time he said a word.

He still somehow managed to make me nervous? Not like a jitterbug but, made my heart pick up, and made me smile, blush?

But it's absolutely not like I like him or anything? I'm just saying.

Suddenly it was like realization just yelled at me, and punched me right in the face for being so clueless.

Immediately I paused in my tracks, dropping the bag from my arm.

"Oh my god!" I shouted, widening my eyes in realization.

"I like Benny!" I gasped loudly, pointing my finger to my chest.