26.

Amora

I flung open the door, immediately smiling once my eyes met the group who stared right back at me.

"I'm way excited. I can't believe you're dad is letting us come over!" Carrie laughed, stepping forward into the house.

"Yeah.. I know right!" I laughed nervously, moving over to let everyone into the house.

They all looked around widening their eyes, as they gazed around in awe.

"Woah what's this?" Squints pointed to a statue head that rested on a table.

Yeah-yeah and squints both laughed together, as they poked and played around with the piece.

"Hey! Don't touch, are you animals?" I scolded, grabbing onto the backs of their shirt and pulled them away.

I continued to watch as they wandered around exploring the place, making me grow even nervous.

"Oh hey dad!" I widened my eyes rushing over and turning him away from the room.

"What's going on, it's sounds like theirs elephants down here!" He questioned, trying to move around me.

"Oh, yeah that. Rose and I are just doing one of those fitness tapes. Sorry for disturbing ok bye!" I smiled, turning him around and lead him down the hall.

"Amora. What's going on here?" He stopped, turning over and gave me an angered look.

"What? Papa nothing- oh my gosh have you forgotten to write back to Mr. Barnes remember? It's super important you know this!" I stammered, immediately changing the subject.

Immediately his face fell before shaking his head angrily.
"Fuck!" He spat, whipping around and frustratedly rushing up the stairs.

I let out a breathe of relief once he was gone upstairs, before quickly rushing back into the room.

"Hey hey! You crazies almost just got me practically skinned alive here? Keep it down!" I scolded, flailing my hands around at them.

Immediately they all stopped and closed their mouths shut once they noticed my angered expression.

"Oh there it is. I knew there was no way he'd allow this to happen!" Carrie laughed, shaking her head softly.

"If I hear another peep I will smack it out of you!" I pointed towards squints, especially squints.

"Ok mom!" Squints rolled his eyes, sticking his tongue at me teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at him before they turned around and plopped down onto the couches.

"Ah! This is so soft!" Bertram sighed happily, pulling the handle to lower back the chair.

I crouched down turning the knob of the tv before beginning to put in a tape into the slot and finally standing up.

I sat down in between Carrie and Kenny, sighing as I let myself rest into the cushion.

After some of the movie playing, I soon realized that it was definitely not a kids movie and was quit scary.

The screen showed an ugly looking creature, making everyone let out shrieks at the sight.

"Goodness god!" Bertram widened his eyes, looking at the scene in horror.

"What is that thing!" Smalls exclaimed, sinking lower into the couch.

I let out small laugh, shaking my head at their freak out before looking over and away from the screen.