57.

Amora

I bit onto my lip holding up the paper as I scanned through it.

I sighed realizing I still didn't get a thing that was on it, slowly placing it down onto the desk.
I sat back crossing my arms as I thought to myself.

Geez I am totally turning into some sort of crazy, study student.

Suddenly the phone that laid right by my hand rang, completely catching me off guard making me slightly flinch back.

I sighed, suddenly widening my eyes once thinking about who could it be, making me quickly snatch the phone up.

"Hello?" I quickly breathed.

"Amora? You busy?" Carries voice spoke.

I let out a soft sigh, looking down as my heart sadly dropped. "Uh..well I was just doing work like a second ago so..yeah?"

"Mhm..no. Alright, you've been going mental. We're having a sleepover, ok? Fantastic" she stated.

"What? What do you-

"We'll be there at six!" Her voice cheered before cutting the line.

I looked down at the phone in confusion, huffing loudly as I tossed it back onto the desk.

——

I walked down the stairs, shaking my head with an eye roll once hearing the doorbell ring for the second time.

I pulled the door open to be faced with a smiling Carrie, William and Maddy, with Penelope who stood off behind them.

"Carrie what do you mean we're having a sleepover? I still have so much-

"Exactly. That's exactly it Amora, you got to much on your plate and you're going insane. You're taking one night and relaxing" she cut me off, walking off into the house past me.

"And I'm telling you. Not asking" she added, pointing a firm finger at me.

I shook my head, glancing over towards William and Madeline who nodded, stepping inside behind her.

I sighed, looking over towards Penelope who still stood at the door, waving her to come inside before closing the door.

"So then now what Carrie?" I questioned, looking towards her and perking up an eyebrow.

"Glad you asked. Yummy treat. Two words, Marlon Brando" she smirked, digging into her bag and holding up a tape.

"My god..I don't know why you dragged me into this. I'm not about to sit with three giggly girls who are drooling over some guy!" William groaned, throwing his head back with huff.

"Hush hush. You're with the bests girls in the valley! Sit your butt down" Carrie ordered, pointing over towards the couches.

It's now been about two hours into this so called sleepover that Carrie completely made on the spot and wiggled me into. And I'll quite admit, it was pretty fun. I had completely forgot about studying and reading and even everything going on with Benny.

But as soon as I remembered I quickly made a point to call him. I looked over towards everyone who sat next to me, clearing my throat before speaking. "Uh..I'll be right back I'm going to go change"

I pushed myself off from the couch once they nodded, briskly making my way up the stairs. I was halfway down the hall when suddenly, weirdly running into Penelope.

"Penelope? Uh..what are you doing up here?" I questioned, looking around the hall and glancing towards my room.

"Oh I was just using the bathroom. Mads was using the downstairs one and I nearly was pissing myself" she explained, shrugging with a small laugh.