51.

Amora

I huffed walking down the steps carefully, holding onto the railing tightly and hoping to god I wouldn't fall.

I stepped off the stairs and walked into the living room, pausing once my name was called.

"Amora!" Dads voice called, in much angered tone making my bones practically start shaking.

I gulped once noticing his tone, slowly turning around to see him with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes pops?" I chirped, putting on a smile as I walked over.

"Would you please tell me what the hell this is?" He questioned, holding up a piece of paper.

"And this?" He added, holding up a different paper slip.

I took both of the papers holding them up as I briefly scanned through them.

"Well one is my progress report and the other is an outstanding notice for two tickets..I didn't know you can get a ticket without a license?" I pouted, lowering the papers and titling my head.

"Of course you can, you could get a ticket at any time!" He shouted, snatching the papers from me.

"And your grades Amora. I better see those c's bunk up to an A, or even a B! I don't care with whatever you have to do wether it's bribe or negotiating just get them up!" He scolded, throwing the papers onto his desk.

I jumped from his loud shouting, sighing as I began to fix his tie "Yes dad I know" I simply replied.

"From this moment on you will not be cruising around with Carrie alright. Two permits do not equal an license. Do I make myself clear?" He scolded, placing his hand onto his hips as he stepped forward.

I slowly cracked a smile, holding in a laugh at his stern expression as I smoothed out the tie onto his shirt. "Yes dad"

"Amora, I am being serious. I want you to be a good driver, I want to see you actually apply yourself" he ordered, raising an eyebrow as he gave me a very stern look once noticing my smile.

"I will. I'll work extra hard on my driving and extra hard on those grades. I'm going to practice real hard" I stated, nodding my head.

"Good. Now, are you still going to that stupid.. family thing, that boyfriend of yours is having?" He questioned, turning back to his desk.

"Yes dad, you know you can come too. I'm sure they'd like to meet you" I offered, slipping on the heels that laid at the front door.

"No, that's stupid?" he scoffed, slipping back on his glasses.

"Yeah ok" I rolled my eyes sarcastically, whipping around.

"Well I'm going now. I'll see you later, love you!" I called out, walking out of the room.

I walked over towards the hanger, slipping on a coat before grabbing my bag and stepping out of the house.

——

"Ham! You better be careful with that" I ordered, shooting up from the bench.

"I am! You've already told me three times now!" He exclaimed, flailing his hands around.

"Because you aren't listening too me. You're going to burn yourself?" I frowned, motioning to the stick with a marshmallow in his hand.

"I'm not! I've done this plenty times, sweets" he nodded proudly, sticking the marshmallow back into the fire.

I shook my head, crossing my arms as I sat back down. "I don't want to hear it Benny" I held my hand up, shaking my head angrily.

"I wasn't going to say anything?" he laughed, knitting his eyebrows together.