25.

Amora

2 weeks later

2 weeks filled with completely confusing thoughts and questioning myself every time I found myself staring at Benny.

Gosh, what's wrong with me?

I titled my head, letting out a stunned breathe as I continued to stare off into the distance.

"Amora! Are you even listening to me?" Carrie groaned, nudging my shoulder.

"Totally am!" I snapped out of it, whipping my head towards her.

"Then what was I saying?" She rose an eyebrow, crossing her arms her suspiciously.

"I don't know something about yeah-yeah?" I guessed, shrugging my shoulders.

"Ok that's not fair, I'm always talking about him!" She rolled her eyes, making a smile crack across my lips.

"I'm being serious, I'm listening ok" I assured, waving it off and patting her arm.

She perked up an eyebrow, slowly following my gaze back towards the field where everyone played.

She cracked a suspicious smile, crossing her arms again. "Who we're you just staring at?"

Immediately I scoffed and shook my head in denial. "No one. Pfft what- what makes you think I would possibly be staring at someone"

I shook my head letting out a nervous chuckle before quickly shutting my mouth, realizing I was stuttering too much.

She smirked, slowly nodding and uncrossing her arms. "If you say so"

I rolled my eyes and looked away too see them all run over and immediately take their drinks out from the cooler.

"Finally!" They shrieked, all quickly opening up their pop and chugging it down.

Benny rolled his eyes at them, taking a bottle before sitting down next to me.

"So what now?" Carrie asked, looking to the each of them as she leaned back.

They all looked to each other, shrugging.

"Fair?"

——

"Guys guys! It's on me tonight!" Benny called out over us.

Everyone cheered as he handed each of us a ticket, before they all went to run off.

"Awe crap! I almost forgot!" Bertram piped up, throwing a hand to his head.

"What?" We questioned, glancing to each other before walking back towards him.

"Chaw! I was saving it for a good time!" He smiled, pulling out a white bag to show us.

He pulled it towards his nose, taking in the smell before letting out a satisfied breathe.
"The best!"

"What is it?" Smalls questioned, looking at it with confusion.

"Sheesh Smalls, I suppose you don't even know who the babe is either!" Hams teased, making them all burst out in a laugh.

"It's plug, wad, chewing tobacco!" He continued, holding the bag up.
"Oh, what do you do with it?" Smalls asked, looking around still being confused with it.

"You're killing me Smalls!" Hams exclaimed, snatching the bag from Bertram.

"You chew it Smalls" Benny explained, as he rubbed his shoulders to comfort him.

The bag was then passed around with everyone taking some from it.
It was passed to everyone briefly, before getting handed to me.

I glanced down at it in my hand, letting out a wince. "Ugh, that is way disgusting!" I gagged, moving the bag away from my face and handing it over to someone else.