27.

Amora

"Carrie, I'm so not happy right now. How are you going to make me sleep at that old treehouse with those crazies!" I exclaimed, dragging my bag behind me.

"Well did you want me to sleep there by myself!" She defended, turning around to wait for my response.

"But you have yeah-yeah! I got no one!" I whined, sadly following behind her.

"No! You got me.. and Benny?" She suggested, with her lips slowly curling up into a smirk.

"No. Don't even Carrie!" I stopped her immediately, covering my ears.

She laughed as we slowly approached the treehouse, looking up to see the light peering out with loud chatters from everyone inside.

I grunted as I pulled myself up and wiped my hands, before looking around to see everyone sitting around.

"Geez! What do you have in there?" Squints laughed, pointing at the bag in my hand.

"Nothing four eyes. Shut up!" I scolded him, pushing his head back before walking off.

I continued to drag the bag behind me, letting out a groan here and there from the heaviness when suddenly I was stopped.

Benny stood in front of me reaching over and taking the bag from me.
"I got it" he offered, immediately taking it from me once he noticed I was struggling.

I watched him grab onto it making a smile threaten to spread onto my lips, but I quickly stopped and forced myself too not.

I rubbed my eyes, letting out a huff as I looked away.

"Who wants s'mores?" Hams called out, motioning towards the little set up he had.

"Ooo! Me!" Carrie ran in between Benny and I, quickly rushing over.

I shook my head backing away before turning around and taking a seat as I watched Carrie happily take her s'more, practically drooling over it.

——

I glanced up from the cards in my hand looking around to see everyone looking down at theirs, with deep concentration.

My eyes flickered back down before a smug smile grew across my face, as I placed down a card onto the middle of the table.

"What!" Squints and Bertram shrieked, immediately shooting up from their seats.

"How is this possible!" Hams shouted, throwing his cards onto the table angrily.

"You've won 4 times already! No, you have to be scamming here" Benny shook his head, pointing his finger at me accusingly.

"Oh no sir, you're just really bad at it!" I mocked, smiling once he groaned in frustration.

"Ah! I'm finally beating you!" I squealed, clapping my hands excitedly as I looked down at the table.

"Wow, you've finally been beat Benny man" Kenny shook his head, patting Benny's back comfortingly.

"What! No I haven't, we're playing again!" Benny shook his head in denial, quickly setting everything back up.

Soon after the new round the game grew closer to the end, making everyone fiddle in their seats having no idea who was going to win.

My eyes flickered over towards Benny, making him glance at me.
"You're not beating me there's no way" he insisted, shaking his head in denial.

"I totally am! And..
"I just did!" I smiled, before placing down a card onto the table.