Part -5: Maybe, maybe not.

∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘

CURSED TO BE LEFT ALONE// Jujutsu Kaisen x reader + oc

∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘

*cover credits go to instagram@nest_virgo.*

My brother did not let me go anywhere the entire day, he took 3 days off his work too. My legs got worse, they swelled and would hurt a lot. Sometimes my brother had to carry me around. My nape however was fine after two days.

I told everything that happened to me to my brother, he was also aware about jujutsu sorcerers and could use cursed energy as well but he just did not want to be one. He said that the job was very gruesome and he could not stand blood and gore. I on the other hand, once dreamed of a stupid wish... of being like my father, a strong Jujutsu Sorcerer.

But as it turns out, I am just a coward who fell victim to her own mind. To be honest, when Gojo sir asked me to join the Jujutsu tech, for a moment I forgot about my curse, I was happy. But, I cannot be one.

My father used to tell me glorious stories of the sorceres and said that one day, he will be proud of me too just like he is of his comrades. I guess I let him down. Father had requested my brother to become a sorcerer, but he did not though he really has a strong will to protect me. "Brother, they invited me to join the Jujutsu tech." I said. "And what did you say?" He said putting on the blankets as we prepared for a movie. "I said I will think about it... but is it really alright?" I said.

He seemed to be thinking for a while, "Well, what do you want to do?" He asked me. "Does that even matter?" I replied. He stood up and opened the T.V. "well, it's your life. So you should be able to decide and choose for yourself. You should know your purpose." He said. "But, I just don't have one..." I said. He brought a blanket and wrapped me in it, tight. Then he cupped my cheeks, "You do. Father told you why you were born right?" He said. "I was born... to protect people and walk on the right path." I replied repeating my father's words. "Right! So then, what do you want to do?" He asked again. "I want to join them..." I spoke my mind and he smiled. "Then do it, I would love to see my cute little sister fight for people and become strong." I smiled a little and nodded. "Aaah, my sister is so cute!" He said standing up.He moving away and brought some CDs. "Now, which movie should we watch?" He asked. "Umm..." I was only choosing when he jolted, "I know, let's watch Avengers! ENDGAME!" He said. "Huh... but we have seen that like 20 times now...
no." I said.

"Please!" (Puppy dog eyes)

"No."

"Pleaseee!?"(huge puppy dog eyes)

"N-no."

"Pretty pleaseeeeee."

"Lets watch Mugen Train." I said slightly irritated. He instantly switched into Demon slayer mode. "Alright!"

*time skip, after the movie, both crying. I cried my eyes out that day....*

After the movie and cleaning up, I checked the time, 8:10 pm. 'I still have time before bed, maybe I will do some homework.' I thought to myself and brought my books and pencils.

I started with the assignment of mathematics. After about an hour, I finished my assignment. Then, my mind suddenly went towards the phone number that Fushiguro gave me. 'should I call him?' I thought to myself. I took out that slip from my bag and my phone from my pocket. I carefully began dialing down the numbers in the dial box.

'What if he thinks I am a weird stalker, maybe he just gave that number to me just to stay in touch.' I did not know what to do.

"Who's number is that?" I heard my brother from behind. "Oh, Its that boy I told you about. The one I made friends with two days ago." I said. "Aah, Megumi Fushiguro huh?" he said. Then he couched down, "Alright let's give him a call!" He said in a cheerful voice. I nodded and pressed the call button. The ring went on and then, after a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello?" he said and I flinched. I was not able to say anything so looked at my brother with a shocked face. He was doing some weird gestures to tell me what to say. I did not get any of that though.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Ah, H-Hello, F-fushiguro, It's me. Iris." I said and turned to my brother who was doing a weird thumbs up now.

"Oh! Iris! I am so glad you called! I thought you had thrown that paper away."

"N-no, I would never do that."

"It has been two days right? So, anything that came up?"

"Ah, no I just wanted to give you a call."

"Oh that's great, let's chit-chat for a while Iris! I was waiting for you to call me... but then I started losing hope." He said. 'chit-chat?' I thought. I am really bad at this. "So? what did you do?" He asked me and broke me out of my thoughts. "We were watching a movie just now."

"Huuuh? Movie! Without me!" I heard Nobara's voice over the phone. "Who are you talking to Megumi?" I heard Yuji. "It's Iris." He said. "Hello...." i said getting nervous.

"Hiii!" I heard a couple of other voices. "Ah, sorry about that. We were having a group dinner." He said. "A group dinner? What are you guys having?" I asked. I was surprised at my own words. Normally, I would not have even said a word and I did not feel scared about talking to them either. "Benito Flakes." I heard. 'Who's that?' I thought. "Rice balls?" I asked. "Ah, no it's just Inumaki-senpai." Said Yuji. "Tuna." I heard that same voice again. "We are eating meat balls! And a hot pot! Yuji's meatballs are amazing!" Said Nobara.

"Hey, give my phone back! I am the one she called!" Said Fushiguro and they all started laughing. A small smile climbed onto my face. "Well then, Good night, have fun." I said. "Good night!" they replied. I put down the phone and turned to my brother who was kindly smiling at me. "I am glad you made friends. I have never seen you smile like that." He said as I nodded. "They seem nice." I replied. "Just let me know when you will join Jujutsu Tech. And come on for dinner." he said and left. "Right." I replied.

************

Sayonara! Until next time!

Look what I found...

TO BE CONTINUED---