Part 8- The one who brought DEATH

∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘

CURSED TO BE LEFT ALONE// Jujutsu Kaisen x reader + oc

∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘

Fushiguro's POV-
She did not utter a single word on our trip to the school. Nobara supported her since she had a broken rib and we provided the basic first aid. Gojo tried to cheer her up by telling some fun stuff but maybe she was too....empty now.
"Iris, say something...they are gone now, there is nothing to worry about. Say, are you hungry?" Asked Yuji. "If you are then Gojo-sensei will buy you something... just tell him."
"Yeah, what do you want to eat? Ramen? Onigiri? Some sweets? Tell me." He said turning his head towards us as Nanami-sensei drived.
No response.
"Say, something to drink maybe?" Nanami asked.
"Call....my...brother." those were the first words she uttered. I turned to her, "Yes but first maybe you should-"
"Call him." She stopped me midway.
"Alright." Said Gojo. He reached out to his phone, "Do you remember his number?" He asked. Iris nodded and took the phone. She dialed the digits and rung on his phone. He picked up.
"......."
"Brother it's me."
"....."
"Yes, I am heading home now."
"......"
"My rib is fractured and both my ankles are aching. I can barely see from my left eye."
"......."
"In the shopping district, with the Jujutsu sorcerers. I will tell you the rest later on."
"......"
"Right. I will wait."
She hung up and returned the phone. "You are not going home right now Iris, first we will go to the school and heal you." Said Gojo. "There is no need, my brother can heal me. Besides, if you guys stick with me, you will always get yourself into shit like this. I suggest you abandon me." She said.
"Don't say that Iris!" Shouted Nobara.
"Please, I really want to thank you for helping me today but, I am really not somebody you can keep. And, Fushiguro."
I turned to her wide eyed. She was in tears and was smiling at me, "You know, it was your kindness and all of our short good memories together, that kept me going this far. I want to thank you for lending me your number, for calling me your friend, for always encouraging me in the past month, and ofcourse.... for today." She said.
"N-no...." I simply could not find words.
"Please, this was enough." She said as a teardrop rolled down her eyes.
The sudden change in the atmosphere could be sensed, she was sucking out our cursed energy and at the same time healing herself. The amount to which she sucked out the energy was so much that even Nanami flinched and slightly diverged the car. The three of us felt so weak of cursed energy all of a sudden.

She raised her arm and we heard a few cracking noises. She relocated the bones and and healed the wound. "I must apologise for my rude behavior. Please excuse me now." She said and stepped down into the rain. I shouted at her, "Do you always wanna be like this!? Do you wanna always get betrayed!? Why won't you think about yourself for once!!? Still helping people who won't even love you!!? WHYY!!"
She slowly turned her head to me, smiled with nothing but pure sadness in hef eyes, "Because it's my duty." She said and left for the station where her brother must be waiting. "Fushiguro." Yuji said. I turned to him. "Let's visit her." He said with a smile. "Yeah, count me in." Nobara raised her hand. "Alright." I replied.

Iris's pov-
I looked at the ground with blank eyes as I walked towards the station. I did decide to join the jujutsu tech, but the fact remains... I cannot trouble them anymore than I already have. But, how long will I keep running away like this? How long will I stay in the thorny enbrace of my fear? How long will I keep on crying blood? I did not know. Just when I had finally made up my mind to change things for me, this happened.

○flashback○
"A cursed child you say? How tragic."
"Really? She brings misfortune?"
"Yes, she brought clamity on her own father!"
"And her mother left her."
It's not like that.
"Papa, am I a good child?"
I would ask my father, and he would reply, "Why yes, you are! My little lioness!" And I would giggle and stay within his embrace. He would tell me lots and lots of stories about jujutsu sorcerers. He would tell me how he defeated the special grade cursed spirits and how I could be just like that. He never minded the fact that I attracted curses and spirits. He found it an 'opportunity' one which can make me grow stronger. He taught me to use my powers and draw energy to different parts of my body. He taught me to use the 'holy sight of Krishna.' Also called the sight of judgement. Then, cursed sight and cursed voice. I so enjoyed being with my father. But oneday, a spirit attacked our house. My father died protecting us that day.
That is when it all began.
I was called the cursed child, the one who brought DEATH.
end of flashback.○

TO BE CONTINUED---

Author's note-
Sorry for the short chapter folks,
See you next time. Part 9- Someone to sew it back.
Sayonara! Until next time!