Chapter 16

She stood with the trophy in her hands with a sad look on her face. As she scanned the crowd, she could not see anyone but Daisy. Her dad, her papa and her boyfriend who had promised to come to see her on the stage for her dance competition, had bailed on her.

Even the certificate, trophy and the cash prize of the first position didn't lighten up her mood. It was the first time ever that she was on stage and three people she cared about had missed it.

As she came backstage, she threw everything on her make up table and dialed her dad's number but off course it was busy. Her papa was also not picking up her call. She didn't call Mason as she didn't want to be disappointed for the millionth time.

"EM! OH MY GOD! YOU WON" Daisy came running to her and hugged her from behind, giving a kiss on her cheeks.

"Yeah. Thanks." She smiled sadly. She was angry this time. Her fathers had disappointed her many times because of their work and keeping her private but this was one of the most important days of her life and they weren't there to support her. She was genuinely angry this time.

"What is it?"

"Papa, dad and Mason" she muttered through gritted teeth.

"Oh. I'm sure they have a reasonable excuse. You know how it is" Daisy pulled a chair beside Emily.

"Yeah I know. But I have NEVER demanded for anything. This was the first time I really wanted them here. I didn't even want to win the first prize, I just wanted Papa and Dad here to support me. They had promised"

"Forget it. Change, let's go for dinner. You favorite place? My treat" said Daisy, trying to cheer her up.

"Naah. I want to go home. I had planned something big for tonight. There was something important I had to tell my parents. But that's down the drain" she rolled her eyes as she packed her stuff up.

"What was it?" Daisy asked sincerely.

"I'll tell you later. First, I have to deal with three fucked up men" she stomped angrily towards the changing room.

Emily hurriedly changed into black leggings and a long light blue top. She put on her jacket and moved out.

She had forgotten about her trophy and cash prize on the table. She did not want it. For now, she only wanted an explanation on why they were not there.

Daisy, however, silently packed it into Emily's bag. Daisy still cared a lot about Emily.

"I called the cab. I'll drop you home" said Emily as she took her bag and walked out of the dressing room. Several people congratulated her and complimented her on her dance performance and her win but nothing seemed to cheer her up right now.

She dropped Daisy on her way home before thanking her for being there for her. Daisy was always there for her. Emily could not thank the God enough for the presence of Daisy in her life.

She unlocked the door and entered her home. She had thought it was empty but Louis sat on the dinner table talking to Harry on Face time.

His head turned to face Emily who had a hard expression on her face.

"Sweetie I'm so Sorry" Louis said sincerely.

"Why weren't you there?" She simoly asked.

"Henry called-"

"Off course. Papa? Why weren't you there?"

"I had a radio interview" Harry whispered.

"Okay. I'm going to take a shower and then sleep" she said as she walked past Louis.